INNOVATIVE DIESEL EXTREME X

Skcbb

Reaction score
Im gonna paste from an older post to keep this current. Wanted to let you guys know how the EXTEME X tune worked out.

Hey guys,

I had a bunch of mods done by Matt at CUTTING EDGE DIESEL and his work is impressive. I had him get the tunes from Vivian at quick tricks because they are free for me cause I got the tuner from her. I have her looney tune installed right now. The tranny doesn't shift right consistently. Hard to explain so I won't even try. It's also REAL smokey. The smoke doesn't bother me but I'm hoping the extreme x will clean it up better and improve shifting. To be clear...I haven't talked to Vivian about this, I'm sure she would work on this for me if I asked because she's been nothing but great when I ask for something. But the first post on this got my attention and it sounds like Eric has already figured out a tune that's ready to go. We'll see. I'm hoping this will make me as happy as the original post on this. I'll let you know how it goes.

Well I got the extreme x loaded and have been running it for 3 days. I thought it was jumping out of gear cause I'd nail it at 30-35 mph and it would rev high and I could feel it stop accelerating....then I checked the rear view and saw the black mark from spinning the tire. Lol pretty strong tune. It shifts very good now. I got the street and extreme street also but havent used either one yet. The smoke is a lot less now too. Over all I think this will work good for me. I plan on using it as my DD. Also the egt is much lower, my old tune would set off my alarm on the cts which I have set at 1650 if I go WOT from a stop at about 80-85 mph. The extreme x doesn't hit 1400 on the same run. Seem to be just what the doctor ordered.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I just put my ExtremeX back in.
The shifting is awesome for intown, and when I merge onto the highway, this b!tch pulls like a freight train.
My wife asks why I over steer so much...it's actually the truck suspension torquing up, and wiggling the truck side to side....that and if I get into it too much, it starts to drift sideways...wifee don't like that part, but that when I just look at her, smile, and say..."I frickin love this truck!"

strokin6L

Reaction score
Im sorry but that lope tune is stupid. Cut the smoke and it wouldn't be so bad.

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

I agree Garrett, but that's only at start up when cold. Here it is after warm up...nice and smoke free.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF8TS6ADDc8&list=UUEQuvUJbouVmgNZOmj3uN7g&index=1&feature=plcp
I dont know why it does it when cold, but eric said he can raise the idle to cut the smoke. I ended up raising it with the SCT, but didn't change anything. Must be more to it than that then i guess.

Kbryant777

Reaction score
Mine is my DD tune. Hell just drove 1k miles to Florida running it. Truck ran great the whole way and got to suprise a lot of people when they thought it was just a slow truck and could cut me off.

Latest posts

Members online