Innovative New Tunes

WoodBoy

Reaction score
You got yours back yet TB? Mines been sitting here on my dresser but Im getting my center console replaced and the part wont be at the dealer till tuesday so im stuck with this stupid dpf on

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Nope. Next week. They shipped it Tuesday. I could have over nighted it, 65 dollars my ass. What is funny is I had to borrow my brothers dually to pull a 3/4 ton dodge for a buddy. Should have seen the look on his faced when I asked to use it.

Ronin

Reaction score
Got mine back from Eric on Thursday and immediately reloaded Xtreme Street with firmer than stock shifting...

It's GASSER smooth! I thought the shifting was fine before, it's super smooth now. Can't wait to get it to the track and see what's up.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Y'all are going to laugh but I hated that issue so much when I had my livewire I had to find a fix. I painted a tooth paste cap black with a paint pen and super glued it to the center of the button. I'm sure you could find a better piece to use then a tooth paste cap but I didn't care. I couldn't stand it anymore so I didn't care what it took I wanted function over form.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Y'all are going to laugh but I hated that issue so much when I had my livewire I had to find a fix. I painted a tooth paste cap black with a paint pen and super glued it to the center of the button. I'm sure you could find a better piece to use then a tooth paste cap but I didn't care. I couldn't stand it anymore so I didn't care what it took I wanted function over form.

I will be doing the same this weekend. Damn wheel always makes me select the wrong damn thing. :fustrate:

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Ill try anything, the livewire is already fugly anyways so if anything it may help the look and if it works ill try it too..

Are yall runnin the newest flash from Ford too?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I am not yet. I wil ltake it in before March time.
I need to ask around for a good dealership that will just update the programming in the parking lot with me there so then i can just put the tune back in. I am not going to put the DPF and crap back on for just a pcm update.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I am not yet. I wil ltake it in before March time.
I need to ask around for a good dealership that will just update the programming in the parking lot with me there so then i can just put the tune back in. I am not going to put the DPF and crap back on for just a pcm update.

You will when you smog it.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Not right now your not.

Got Eric's new tunes loaded when I got off of work.
Well loaded the Xtreme Mild with the Firmer shifting and later lock. That tune is by far the best driving tune I have had. Later lock helps a lot, but I think I am still going to use the stock lock for towing.
The tune drives great at low throttle angles, then start putting your foot into it and it starts pulling more and more. The throttle is very progressive. I love it.
Lots more options in the new tunes, Turbos, Injectors, etc. Nice work Eric. I dont think I could have asked for more.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Damn. I just got off work i had planned on doing mine tonight. Hopefully tomorrow night i will be trying the extreme mild. Does it feel like its more of a daily driver tune TB? Whats the egt's like?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
It is a great tune for driving.
EGT's stayed down for me, never really hammered on in though.
Throttle is not touchy one bit. The throttle is why I didnt like teh X-Street, but my truck might be different because I have 4.88's.
It feels like the tow tune to me at low throttle angles. Then starts pulling harder the further you pus hthe pedal down. The pedal is very progressive, not the instant on off power.
I sent an email to Ted last night asking about the delay lock.
I would like to know what tune Eric built it for so I dont run it on a higher tune and burn the tranny up.
The website says it is softer shifting and my Livewire says it is firmer.
It shifts softer than the firmer with stock lock, and a little firmer than the softer shifting.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I think the delay lock was created for the guys with higher gears such as me with 3.55s to aid with daily driving along with there are starting to become more and more single turbo Non VGT setups and I am sure he took that into consideration

tbsimmons

Reaction score
From Eric.
The Delay lock was designed for bigger turbo's.
But it will work with the Xtreme Mild as long as the tranny is good.
He still suggests running the firmer stock lock or race lock with the X-Treme Tunes because the shifts are firmer.

Last edited:

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Thats what i was thinking. But for daily driving this new delay lock feels very good especially for 3.55s.

I wanna give everyone a heads up that the way you select tunes have changed since TB didnt give me a heads up LOL.. You will select Preloaded tunes, 6.4 programming, 6.4 programming, (IDK Why i had to select it twice everytime, Does anyone else?), Air intake (Y,N), Dpf Delete (Y,N), EGR Disabled (Y,N), Tire Size Change (Y,N), Then adjust user options (Y,N), Select yes, then select tune, then pick your tune. Then i think you hit esc, then esc once more, then youll select tranny setting, then it will begin loading

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Thats what i was thinking. But for daily driving this new delay lock feels very good especially for 3.55s.

I wanna give everyone a heads up that the way you select tunes have changed since TB didnt give me a heads up LOL.. You will select Preloaded tunes, 6.4 programming, 6.4 programming, (IDK Why i had to select it twice everytime, Does anyone else?), Air intake (Y,N), Dpf Delete (Y,N), EGR Disabled (Y,N), Tire Size Change (Y,N), Then adjust user options (Y,N), Select yes, then select tune, then pick your tune. Then i think you hit esc, then esc once more, then youll select tranny setting, then it will begin loading

Mine is the same way, select 6.4 twice. It is different I should have stated that. I was like a giggling school girl when i loaded the Xtreme Mild and delay lock that I forgot.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
The new way is different but I like it. If you run one tranny file for everything you dont have to select it each time.
Also you can see what tunes you last loaded, which is a good thing if you only tow on the tow tune and drive on others and work too much like me and forget which tune is in the truck.

Latest posts

Members online