Innovative Tuning

ghohouston

Reaction score
Someone else just recently asked the same question. Now let me say, I have zero experience with their tunes, I have to say, I've seen a TON of talk lately on how innovative tunes have smoked peoples transmissions. I don't know if it has to do with the difficulty of tuning the 5r's, or what, but I'd definitely do some research.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
It's like I've said, their tunes are beautiful on 6.4 and 6.0. They were strong on my 7.3 but that was with and SCT live wire. From my understanding SCT doesn't provide as much tranny control as chip tuning. But I think Eric offers chip tuning now. Plus getting Live tuned is much different than emailed custom tunes. If I lived close enough, I'd run his live tunes.

pullandpray

Reaction score
Someone else just recently asked the same question. Now let me say, I have zero experience with their tunes, I have to say, I've seen a TON of talk lately on how innovative tunes have smoked peoples transmissions. I don't know if it has to do with the difficulty of tuning the 5r's, or what, but I'd definitely do some research.

My 6.4 lasted maybe 6 hrs after there tunes. Built a trans and it lasted until I went with jodys tunes About 6 months later. My truck and driving habits liked jodys tunes better

pullandpray

Reaction score
It was deleted running on h&s hot tunes for probably 5k before there tunes. I wasn't easy on that truck

gnxtc2

Reaction score
My 6.4 lasted maybe 6 hrs after there tunes. Built a trans and it lasted until I went with jodys tunes About 6 months later. My truck and driving habits liked jodys tunes better

I'm confused......

After you loaded Innovative Tunes, the motor lasted 6 hours. What blew?

Then you built a trans which lasted. Assuming you rebuilt the motor

Then 6 months later you switched to DP Tunes.

Billy T.
[email protected]

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
It was deleted running on h&s hot tunes for probably 5k before there tunes. I wasn't easy on that truck

Don't know if you can blame Eric's tuning for that...
I ran his tuning for 100k miles on my 6.0 and 120k miles on my 6.4 without any problems related to tuning. I drive street aggressive and tow often.

pullandpray

Reaction score
I'm confused......

After you loaded Innovative Tunes, the motor lasted 6 hours. What blew?

Then you built a trans which lasted. Assuming you rebuilt the motor

Then 6 months later you switched to DP Tunes.

Billy T.
[email protected]

No I said the trans went south. Nothing blew the clutches just smoked Aka I would step on it and it would slip. not sure if it was tuning or not i drove the piss out of that truck and it had 38s on it. The only reason I brought the 6.4 up was the one guy was talking about innovative smoking 5r's. I just was explaining my experience but like I said it held after the trans was built. My buddy got me to switch tuners and my truck was then live tuned

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I did but that was years ago when he was mobile like the good 'Ole days. My combo changed.

Just hate it that there is no one in the northeast that tunes. All the tuners are over 10 hours away. I tried to set up a live tune session but when it came down to the deposit, everyone backed out except for one guy. It just sucks for us in the northeast.

Billy T.
[email protected]

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I've actually talked to eric about doing live tunning on a 7.3 and he said no problem. I think it was 500 bucks and he would sit on the dyno untill you were happy. He could tune conservative or all out. There are a few local 7.3 guys running around with his tunes but I have never drove one. He used to own a 7.3 excersion so I know he knows how to tune them.

I also got from him that he sells 7.3 tunes for other people to sell so him advertising them would be a conflict of interest. however he has no problems doing it for the locals. I'd consider you local enough Billy.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I was wanting live tunes once I drop my 250/200s in to keep the rods in the block and keep low rpm fueling to a minimum. The turbo I have to go with it is a very quick spooling turbo so I'm kinda worried, lol. He told me no problem!

Latest posts

Members online