Input on factory running boards

greenwhite1

Reaction score
I have a 97 F350 4x4 regular cab and I need to put running boards on for Theo (the old lady) and the kid. I like the look of the factory fiberglass ones but as everyone knows they are hard to find and harder to find in nice shape. I came across a company called Owens Products and they have some that are plastic that might look like the OEM ones but the picture provided is of a Chevy. The item number is 67020. Has anyone used these before or better yet have a picture they can post? Looking for all input. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

karlosrig

Reaction score
I will never get a fiberglass running board again because it cracks and the paint peels off easily, although I may say that it looks good when I bought it new. I think steel runningboards are definitely more durable. You have lots of options like on this page - http://4wheelonline.com/Running_Boards.202905. You might also want to check out some nerf bars for a more solid set of side steps.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I made custom brackets to run the factory SD 5" oval steps. Not hard at all and I think they look much better then the ones available for an OBS in the aftermarket world and much more useful then the factory steps. Brackets were easy to make
photobucket-59961-1362278440545_zps024e658b.jpg

Got4wd

Reaction score
I made custom brackets to run the factory SD 5" oval steps. Not hard at all and I think they look much better then the ones available for an OBS in the aftermarket world and much more useful then the factory steps. Brackets were easy to make

I have amp power steps but curious of what you did on the brackets. Can you post pics?

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I could until I just realized they are on my broke phone .... I will see what I can do. From what I've seen in the amp steps the 02-0? Chevy steps are the ones that are the easiest to modify

I think the added touch of a ford emblem in the center of the steps gives it a nice touch

molonlabe27

Reaction score
my god i really wanna do that with my truck!!!!

Latest posts

Members online