(Insert cleaver build thread name here) Build Thread

Stroked777

Reaction score
Yeah its take a while to finally get to this point. Bought a house. Bought my wife (did I mention I got married two years ago) a Ecoboost, bought a snowmobile, been busy exploring the state and camping. Been trying to pay down a lot of bills. I'm just getting sick of it sitting in the drive way. Grill faded, clear coat on the mirrors is peeling. Hope to get this ball rolling soon.

If anyone is interested in following the build on FB you can add me... Austen Lambert, profile pic now is of me shooting a .50 Barrett

Stroked777

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link or a place to get engine building spec for a 6.4? Looking for bearing clearances and bearing thicknesses and other technical info. I remember a while back someone emailed me a PDF of torque specs

Also how have the SDP performance lifters been holding up? I bought a set a few years ago and are still packaged. I haven't been lurking around to see if there has been any pros and cons to them yet

Last edited:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Oh gotcha. I have the rest of the information on my laptop. Once I get it back from my buddy I'll shoot you the specs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Stroked777

Reaction score
Oh gotcha. I have the rest of the information on my laptop. Once I get it back from my buddy I'll shoot you the specs.

Cool man. Still have my email?

And a correction to my earlier statement. Has anyone heard the pros and cons yet of SIDE ACTION DIESELS performance lifter yet? I know they been out for three years now but haven't heard good or bad

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I'll have to check but I think I have it saved. And I've been running those lifters with no issues. They are definitely an upgrade from stock!

Stroked777

Reaction score
So if I'm running a single turbo, and have a fully balanced rotating assembly with fully upgraded valve train... how many RPMs could I safely turn?
But would it be a good idea to balance the rotating assembly? Or is it not worth it? Pros cons?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I'll have to check and see if I still have that email. And I'll resend it to you bud.

Don't mean to hijack but, could I possibly get a copy with all the specs as well?

That would be greatly appreciated.

Austen, Glad to see you back and still kicking with the ole 6.4.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
So if I'm running a single turbo, and have a fully balanced rotating assembly with fully upgraded valve train... how many RPMs could I safely turn?
But would it be a good idea to balance the rotating assembly? Or is it not worth it? Pros cons?

I have them balanced every time. It's worth it to spend the few bucks. And you can probably go 5k easily. But not really needed. It's added stress on the crap rockers really.

Reaction score

We have customers running 4300+ for a few years on our cam and lifters and no issues .. now I will say our lifters are a great product but you can wreck everything with bad Valvetrain geometry and poor clearance in lifter galley as well as wrecking the tips of the rocker because of poor assembly and or taking too much off block and cyl heads.
These kinds of things all need to be taken into consideration when your looking into these sorts of things.

Reaction score
The deck of the block isn't machined. I was going to run RCDs stage 3 cam

bigger is not always better.. Also are the heads stock ?? If so my suggestion is to spend the money on our cam you will not be disappointed ! I promise
I am going to put in perspective on my setup in my personal truck. I make 930+ hp and over 1750ftlbs!! all just a touch over 3000 rpm!
Dave Byers truck is the same way and made 900+ hp on 60% and over 1750ftlbs
These things drive great ! We have them in a everything from stock truck to our modded truck with our hole parts catalog and it repeats itself every time for amazing me on how good all around this cam really is!
If you like your valvetain and want long lasting power give me a call!
I also do all this without any flycuts of the piston! which saves time and money so the lil extra I charge for our cams is worth it when it comes to machining !

If you feel like this is an option for you give me a call and see if i can help you out !

Last edited:

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
you also need to include balancer & flywheel that you are going to use when you get it balanced. spending all of that i would go with a billet flywheel, we may have a good used one for sale floating around if interested. no you do not need to include the block. not sure if i read if your pistons will be fly cut or not but they need to be especially with a stage 3, a stage 3 should prob have some head porting to get the best results. i think side action pushes the straub cam, have heard good things but we have not used any personally. and yes you def need to get it balanced should run anywhere from 200-600 depending on machine shop.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
The machine shop will need the crank, rods and pistons right? Or do they need the block too?

You need the rods, pistons, rings, wrist pins (and clips), balancer(stock one, not an ati or fluidamper because that will go on after its all balanced or it messes up the balance), rod bearings, and flex plate.

Black AOD

Reaction score
OP you could just buy my truck and save yourself all this trouble and just have compounds and lots of fuel and forged wheels and have almost 900whp lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.