Installed Innovative Extreme X now no forward gears..

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Just got done doing an exhaust install and decided to load up Eric's Extreme X tune let it warm up for a bit after the tune was loaded. Went to back out of the driveway and it hit a little hard in reverse but didn't think anything of it made it out and tried to put it in drive..Nothing, tried reloading the tune. Tried loading Xtreme street still nothing. Currently backed into the neighbors driveway. Any ideas??

Elliott

Reaction score
Might be the wrong transmission strategy. Might be a quick fix if you get a hold of Innovative, they may have to mail you some new files if that is the issue. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Charles

Reaction score
You didn't accidentally unplug something on the trans doing the exhaust install did you?

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Returned to stock file and it drives now.. These are secondhand tunes if that makes a difference

i dont think theyre VIN specific.. as long as the device has unlocks left, which it should if it allowed you to tune it.

dont drive it much on stock tuning with the exhaust.. or even idle it.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
i dont think theyre VIN specific.. as long as the device has unlocks left, which it should if it allowed you to tune it.

dont drive it much on stock tuning with the exhaust.. or even idle it.

Why not? I drove 20 miles with mine lol. No egr or anything

sootie

Reaction score
it gives you a limited number of times to start the engine. also it puts it in reduced power mode.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
it gives you a limited number of times to start the engine. also it puts it in reduced power mode.

Hmm, I had a wrench light and CEL come on but no power loss or anything. The only reason I done it was because I had to, Im not trying to get the guy to drive his truck like that. Maybe the OP called IDP and is getting sorted out

Derail over,

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Shouldn't the strategy tune change everything to what will work properly work the tuner. The strategy is the only pre loaded tune I have.. I'm kinda ***d without forward its backed into the neighbors driveway. I'd hate to have to buy the tunes all over again when I already paid the previous owner for them

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Are the tunes in the preloaded or are they in the custom section, I take it they are in the custom section so No they do not change with the tuner

3brorce

Reaction score
Hmm, I had a wrench light and CEL come on but no power loss or anything. The only reason I done it was because I had to, Im not trying to get the guy to drive his truck like that. Maybe the OP called IDP and is getting sorted out

Derail over,

I also drove mine on the stock tune also for about 20 miles or so. Had an engine light and ran like a turd but I dont think it was in reduced power. I wasnt trying to get on it or anything as I was driving like gma.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
if the only thing you have is strategy, and can't load the preloaded, then you're in a pickle. I'd pick up a custom tune from IDP that can be emailed to you so you can drive it asap

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Problem solved!! I was trying to load a custom tune after I had already loaded the strategy not realizing that the strategy tune in the preload section was where Eric's tunes where for the engine and trans. Everything is working properly now. Extreme X is pretty clean around town so far! I'm impressed how long does it take the transmission to re-learn? Kinda stutters in between shifts right now it is set in race lock

Latest posts

Members online