Installed intake manifold now high egt

ODAWG714

Reaction score
Installed my intake soot manifold today, my buddy hooked me up with his rubber crush washers. Wrapped up the install and torqued the manifolds to 8ft pounds. Went for a drive and noticed higher egts and lagg.

Any ideas?

The only work done to the manifold is the elimination of the bolt casting. No work was done to the ports to the heads.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Installed my intake soot manifold today, my buddy hooked me up with his rubber crush washers. Wrapped up the install and torqued the manifolds to 8ft pounds. Went for a drive and noticed higher egts and lagg.

Any ideas?

The only work done to the manifold is the elimination of the bolt casting. No work was done to the ports to the heads.

What does Soot Powered say to use for sealing washers and the value to torque the bolts to?? If it were me, I would follow their recommendations. JMO of course.

ODAWG714

Reaction score
By looks of the washer it's 4ft pounds before it gets destroyed
No idea what the recommendation of torque is. I got some brass crush washers I'm gonna try

ODAWG714

Reaction score
I talked to a buddy, guess I'm going to try starter fluid and see if I can find the leak.

Mitch you think any harm can be done by torqin to 12ft pounds? Rather than 8? To possibly get a better seal?

cfdeng7

Reaction score
make a cap to go on the turbo that you can hook up to air and charge the system. easy way to find boost leaks.

:whs: I thought I had pictures on my phone of my tester. Cost me a few bucks at home depot. Basically just a piece of pvc that goes over the turbo inlet and a cap with a pressure gauge and air fitting.

Latest posts

Members online