Installed some flares today

macsfx4

Reaction score
i love this setup. i have the same truck as unbroken and getting ready anyway too pull the tigger. I've been back and forth on deciding on wheels from 22x10 mavericks to 22x10 forces. but forces seem too need a lot of attention. i really love this bmf 22x10.5 you guys are running but I'm scared ill hit the bottom of my cab corner. did you have too trim your flares you added?

jwalk09

Reaction score
i love this setup. i have the same truck as unbroken and getting ready anyway too pull the tigger. I've been back and forth on deciding on wheels from 22x10 mavericks to 22x10 forces. but forces seem too need a lot of attention. i really love this bmf 22x10.5 you guys are running but I'm scared ill hit the bottom of my cab corner. did you have too trim your flares you added?

Well the tires were rubbing the back corner of the fender before I installed the pmf 3 link. The arms added caster which also pushed the axle forward to recenter it in the wheel well. I trimmed the front bumper bracket, spaced the bumper 1/4", and pulled the inner liner back a little with some zip ties. But it has not rubbed at all after that, with or without flares installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jwalk09

Reaction score

The lift caused the truck to lose caster and actually moved the axle closer to the cab. Everyone doesn't have issues with rubbing on the back of the fender but mine rubbed before the 3 link

2015_PSD

Reaction score
Picked up a set of painted oem flares off eBay and figured I'd show them off. I think it gives it a clean look. Haven't seen many people put them on monotone trucks. Gives a little coverage and still retaining a little "bro stance"....
fab3026b7de623607024d593c968acd2.jpg
2191669054458dcc29ba875a082679bc.jpg
076d54cb014cc8c0823a333ffd26689a.jpg

Very nice!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

macsfx4

Reaction score
Yea I'm going too do the 3 link also. I might even do a 4in block and 2.5 front and add .5 spacer like unbroken did but I definitely want flares

jwalk09

Reaction score
Yea I'm going too do the 3 link also. I might even do a 4in block and 2.5 front and add .5 spacer like unbroken did but I definitely want flares

Yeh id do a 4" block. Mine sits perfectly level with a 4"

macsfx4

Reaction score
Are the oem flares already ptm or do you have too take them too get painted and where's the best place too get them from

jwalk09

Reaction score
Are the oem flares already ptm or do you have too take them too get painted and where's the best place too get them from

They don't come painted. Atleast my color didn't. Set I got off eBay came off a 2016 like new. Check eBay . Seller I got them from had 2 other colors last week. Price on a new oem set not painted is like $500 then you have to paint them.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I had my factory flairs off for bit when I was getting them repainted and really didn't like the truck with out them. It gives the truck just little more shape along with the added coverage. I got flair's painted 2 tone to match the bottom of my KR and the white top part instead of being all gold.

jwalk09

Reaction score
I had my factory flairs off for bit when I was getting them repainted and really didn't like the truck with out them. It gives the truck just little more shape along with the added coverage. I got flair's painted 2 tone to match the bottom of my KR and the white top part instead of being all gold.

Pics ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.