Installed the new hood today!!

true98jeep

Reaction score
Picked up this hood a few months ago from reflexxion had it shipped to my dad's house. He just picked it up today and put it on my truck for me what do you guys think?? I am over in afghanistan get home in the middle of July can't wait to get home and enjoy her again!!

002-3.JPG

003-2.JPG

008-1.JPG

007.JPG

004-3.JPG

Zmann

Reaction score
looks good ?
they paint it for you ?

curious if all those front end accessories cause cooling issues ?

stay safe

true98jeep

Reaction score
Thanks!! I am very happy with it. I and it painted we have a family friend that does muscle car restorations he paint matched it then put on a medium gloss black to try and give it a slight contrast.

No cooling issue's at all surprisingly. It was that way when i bought it 2 yrs ago the gentleman I bought her from lived in arizona and pulled horse trailers. We had a 35" horse trailer in ga hauling and never had an issue cooling.

Zmann

Reaction score
very cool

My hood has the paint headed south I hate the thought of repainting a stock hood LOL

I have been cowl shopping for years how was the shipping to deal with ?

true98jeep

Reaction score
I got the shipping free. Hardest part was driving the 5 miles to meet the freight driver to make it easier for him to stay on route. I will have to look and see where I got this from and I can let you know.

Zmann

Reaction score
thanks

I see pricing all over the place some with free ship some with $$ shipping

true98jeep

Reaction score
Thank you guys i am really excited to get home and see this in person and get to drive the truck. It is going to be a 100% different vehicle when i get back I am having so much swapped on it. I love the truck how it is set-up. Looking forward to using it when i move in July down to NC first time I won't ever mind moving in my life haha.

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
Looks good.

.. ..I went with the traditional 3" Dominater cowl hood...I like it because it's not a drastic difference over stock..but is noticeable.

100_4077.png

100_4081.png

DSC01478-1.jpg

true98jeep

Reaction score
I was torn betw going readitional and then getting the "eagle" cowl. I have an 88 Monte Carlo SS as well that has the traditional cowl. My dad has a 65 Vette and this hood is the same design as his the big block minus the side vents on the cowl itself so I picked this one to have one of each.

Tank that hood looks great on your set-up I think it really fits the truck!!! Do you always keep the bed cap on or do you ever pull it off and have support bars that could be used for the rack instead?? Nice truck sir I like it!!

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
I have never taken it off..the roof rack I made bolts to it, then there are 8 lights in it,...plus...I have a 10,000 watt inverter that I don't want wet.

InverterandAirCompressorjuly200815.jpg

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Thank you guys i am really excited to get home and see this in person and get to drive the truck. It is going to be a 100% different vehicle when i get back I am having so much swapped on it. I love the truck how it is set-up. Looking forward to using it when i move in July down to NC first time I won't ever mind moving in my life haha.

Where in NC are you moving to?

true98jeep

Reaction score
Goiung to be moving to Troutman. Just north of Charlotte by Lake Norman. Fiance is from there so just learning the area I know nothing as far as whats around me haha other than right off 77.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Goiung to be moving to Troutman. Just north of Charlotte by Lake Norman. Fiance is from there so just learning the area I know nothing as far as whats around me haha other than right off 77.

I've never been there but I know the area. I think it's about 2 hours from me. Charlotte is just over an hour. Well early welcome to NC!:rockon:

true98jeep

Reaction score
Haha great thank you sir. Yeah I will be in and out quite a bit. Maybe we can catch up sometime. Go riding I will be looking for places in the mountains for the Jeep 4 wheelers and the truck if I can fit it haha

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Haha great thank you sir. Yeah I will be in and out quite a bit. Maybe we can catch up sometime. Go riding I will be looking for places in the mountains for the Jeep 4 wheelers and the truck if I can fit it haha

Sounds good to me. I've heard that there is some pretty good places over that way to go riding. We'll have to try to meet up sometime. Give me a shout when you get settled in.

Latest posts

Members online