Installing an frx and hpx soon have ?

Worktruck00'

Reaction score
First off new to the form and all info is appreciated! As title states I'm going to be installing a frx and hpx from riffraff soon my main question is what are the pros and cons of the higher and lower springs in the frx kit I know they regulate fuel pressure but why wouldn't you want to use the spring that creates the most fuel pressure I'm sure there is a great reason why im just curious and wanting to know more before installing?

Arisley

Reaction score
The 7.3 likes between 60 and 65 PSI. More than that is not good on a stock truck. Mine runs best with 62PSI. That's with 250\200 injectors.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
the higher the pressure the more strain on the injector seals. There is no need for anything above the middle spring.

I also run the middle spring and have this same kit. truck loves it and with a good pump, the fuel pressure should not vary much even under WOT.

stock73

Reaction score
I've read about the hprx and the frx , really interested on how it goes

Keep calm and Stand on it !! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I've read about the hprx and the frx , really interested on how it goes

It's a great kit/upgrade for the price. There is really no replacement for a full regulated return kit, but for stock to minor injector upgrades, the FRx works very well.

stock73

Reaction score
Thank you Justin , is there any manufacturers that are better than others?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Thank you Justin , is there any manufacturers that are better than others?

Riffraff is the only one who manufacturers the FRX. We carry it though. Check it out HERE.

Strictly Diesel's is the best full regulated return kit in my opinion. We carry it as well. Check it out HERE.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
i ran one for 2 years, just recently pulled it off to do a full RR. Every time i swapped injectors it always fired up within ten seconds. I think do to the frx allowing fuel to circulate the heads before i would crank

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
yep. with filter changes, injector swaps, etc, there is no longer a need for cycling the pump, just key on, wait a few seconds and GO!

It truely gives you an idea of how well of a design flaw this was from the factory, to dead head and airete injectors... blasphemy!

Worktruck00'

Reaction score
Installed the hpx last night truck is much smoother at idle quited the single shots down a lot
Took literally 20 min to do, just had to take intake out, installed the frx tonight went pretty good little over an hour but forgot to re instal the plunger into bowl first time around oops��
Over all both great products from the initial test drives and starts much faster now good feature at -10 here in MN

Worktruck00'

Reaction score
Drove truck to and from work today and noticed at WOT it makes a high pitched chirping noise coming from driver side of motor is this what it's supposed to sound like now with the frx or is this any issue air/fuel leak? Truck didn't do it before frx, injectors are only a few months old if it matters?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Drove truck to and from work today and noticed at WOT it makes a high pitched chirping noise coming from driver side of motor is this what it's supposed to sound like now with the frx or is this any issue air/fuel leak? Truck didn't do it before frx, injectors are only a few months old if it matters?

Sounds like turbo surge. Can you video/record it to confirm?

Are you just using the stock turbo with WW2? No ported compressor housing?

Latest posts

Members online