Installing Fuel Pressure Gauge

Mud digger

Reaction score
I'm about to install my FP gauge and was wondering, do I have to connect my sending unit to the regulator test port or can I screw it in to the top of my billet fuel cap (which is already tapped). I know that it will screw in there and that's why it was tapped in the first place but I wanted to make sure that putting the sending unit in the cap it would be as accurate as if I would put the sending unit on the regulator. If anyone has any info on this or have compared the pressures at these two different points that would be great. Thanks

sleeps

Reaction score
i was about to post about this. i wanted to know if it would be ok to use the port on the regulator instead of buying another fitting that has an inline port.

Mud digger

Reaction score
I have mine tap into the fuel bowl via the billet cap.

Have any problems with the gauge not functioning properly because of possible air bubbles?? Does the pressure seem to read properly? This is what I really want to do, but I want to make sure that nobody is having problems with this route.

ford rules

Reaction score
Run an adapter off the regulator and a 90* elbow then the sensor much cleaner look than having it on the cap. Looks factory on the regulator IMO.

Latest posts

Members online