Installing injectors. Any pointers?

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
New batteries are in. Truck cranked for a bit. More than I wanted. A Small small shot of either and it fired right up and purred like it hasnt in 9 months. Need to get the tune dor the bigger injectors soon. Now I have to button the drivers side stuff up but I need to get new FICM rubber mounts as mine are no longer there. They went there when I pulled it. So to the dealer I go.

Again I can't say enough for the videos and the help from you guys. Would and probably will do it again in the future.

Tomorrow I need to get the turbo wheel swapped out. That will be a new thread as I am a rookie at that. Need more videos.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Turbo is easy! All you need is 10mm gear wrench, 3/8 ratchet, and metric sockets. Deep 11mm for exhaust clamps, and a prybar to jar it lose. You want to jar it up first, then you will sort of rotate towards the drivers side, wiggle, and it should pull right out. T
You dont have to pull anything but your intake and intercooler pipe to the turbo

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I was trying to do it on the truck. That damn turbo is heavy for some reason. Lol but thanks. I at least know the tools needed

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
i didn't want to remove the whole turbo. but i cant get to the lowest bolt on the compressor side of the turbo so now i am trying to take the whole thing out.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Ohh gotcha, ive never swapped a wheel, but seems like it would suck with turbo on. Hell its good experience to pull it anyhow. But yeah, downpipe clamp, and y pipe clamp are 11mm deep, 3 10mm pedistal bolts, 2 of which I use a wrench on, the one by the downpipe that is vertical, i use a 10mm socket, extension, and ratchet, then the prybar trick, and if youre careful, the best spot to put the prybar is inside the compressor housing where your intercooler boot attatches

Mdub707

Reaction score
I wouldn't think your 05 would even have the earlier style FICM mount with rubber mounts. Doesn't it just use the very large nuts to center it up? The early style's used a really nice cast mount that bolted hard to the block, then used rubber between the FICM and the mount. The later styles like 05+ had a cheap stamped out mount that was rubber mounted to the block area, then the FICM just hard mounted to the FICM mount itself.

If you actually need those rubber pieces because you have the old style, let me know I have some sitting here I'll never use. Might have all 4 for you.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I Did the research on the Internet and I guess I don't have them but there was no rubber isolating between any of the metal so I'm going to get some little pieces of rubber and Clamped down but you are absolutely correct there is no round rubber mounts I was mistaken.

Mdub707

Reaction score
The large nuts are used to center the FICM up, I wouldn't put anything there. My guess is you have rubber mounted under the actual mounting bracket, it's hard to see.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
The mounting bracket is the isolater. That is what I found and it will go back the same way. Just a carry over piece from the early 6.0 builds that they decided didn't need reenginering to work. I am cool with that lol.