Intake Elbow Leaking..

4tonGT40

Reaction score
Anybody have any tricks/ideas to stop the intake elbow from leaking oil. Its not leaking much but it will eventually drip on my drive belt. I thought of using insta-gasket like when replacing a waterpump. The kit came with a gasket from Ford. Is there a better one out there?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Is it an elite/Rudys cfm elbow...If it is they came out with a new design to stop the leak, they were giving the new ones free if you sent the old one back iirc idk if their doin that anymore

But if that's what you have it's worth a shot

4tonGT40

Reaction score
yeah its the Elite plate and the elbow im not sure.I did buy it from Rudys, about 2-4 weeks ago, I would assume i would have gotten the "new" design stuff. What exactly do they replace? The gasket or the other parts?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
yeah its the Elite plate and the elbow im not sure.I did buy it from Rudys, about 2-4 weeks ago, I would assume i would have gotten the "new" design stuff. What exactly do they replace? The gasket or the other parts?

On the adapter plate there are grooves for 2 rubber seals, one on top of the adapter to seal against the elbow and one to seal against the block, did you put the rubber seals on the top and bottom

4tonGT40

Reaction score
i didnt install it, but im almost positive mine came with 1= O-ring thats round but kinda squared off with ribs in it, and a flat gasket to press against the elbow...i do remember seeing groves on the top and bottom of the Elite plate. So should i remove the upper gasket and replace it with an O-ring like the lower?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
i didnt install it, but im almost positive mine came with 1= O-ring thats round but kinda squared off with ribs in it, and a flat gasket to press against the elbow...i do remember seeing groves on the top and bottom of the Elite plate. So should i remove the upper gasket and replace it with an O-ring like the lower?

There should be an o ring in each groove and then I also used the gasket in mine...the 2nd o ring is what seals off the oil problem that people were having

4tonGT40

Reaction score
ill check it. Im almost positive there is only 1 Oring. Thanks Man.. Do you by any chance know what the part # is for the Oring and gasket? Or what this elbow was intended to fit?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
ill check it. Im almost positive there is only 1 Oring. Thanks Man.. Do you by any chance know what the part # is for the Oring and gasket? Or what this elbow was intended to fit?

The o ring I have no idea, if there are grooves on both sides and only one o ring just call Rudys or elite, the o ring isn't a ford factory part, as for the gasket it's a 6.0 intake elbow to manifold gasket and the cfm was made for the 6.0

Ipkyss

Reaction score
One o-ring comes with it. The other you take out of the factory elbow/egr and reuse it.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Ok well there's your answer...the other one is in your stock elbow if you have it, if not it's a factory part if it came in the elbow so your dealer can get it for you

Latest posts

Members online