Intake gaskets

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
Hey guys I'll be intalling my t4 kit and new plenums in a few weeks and I was wondering what you suggest as far as a sealant for the intake? Is there a gasket or do you just use RTV or something? Thanks

Reaction score
Sealant (Wacker)
Intake Plenums: Motorcraft TA-30 (used to be Ford part F7AZ-19554-EA)
Everything else (oil pan, etc): Motorcraft TA-31 (used to be Ford part F5TZ-19G204-AB)

Cheers!

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Cometic Gaskets makes an actual gasket for them if you want to go that route.
Have had mine on for around 8 years and max of 65 psi boost and never an issue.
Can't go wrong with the gray stuff, it just sucks when you have to try and remove the intake!

lc tpi

Reaction score
the irate intakes have an area that has very little sealing surface. when you put them on look inside the opening and you can see where the plenums and sealing surface gets narrow on the bottom side only. wish i took a pic when i installed mine. just put some sealant inside and use your finger to get it in the corner best as possible and they should seal pretty good. the sealant dries and its pretty stiff stuff.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Love my RiffRaff plenums... no sealant needed...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

lc tpi

Reaction score
Love my RiffRaff plenums... no sealant needed...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

i dont think i can use the riff raff since i have the early heads that have 2 less bolts in the plenums. i had to weld two holes in my irate plenums to use them. would love a set of them though.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
i dont think i can use the riff raff since i have the early heads that have 2 less bolts in the plenums. i had to weld two holes in my irate plenums to use them. would love a set of them though.

Clay had made some for the obs heads but I don't know if he still offers them or not.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Cometic Gaskets makes an actual gasket for them if you want to go that route.
Have had mine on for around 8 years and max of 65 psi boost and never an issue.
Can't go wrong with the gray stuff, it just sucks when you have to try and remove the intake!

thats good to know..

PSDEng

Reaction score
Nothing more than the fact that I didn't have any other options :lookaround: It was Sunday and I had a pull on Tuesday, and I thought I needed more than one day for it to cure. Looking back I probably should have done it right, but I can sleep at night because I haven't had any problems thus far.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Nothing more than the fact that I didn't have any other options :lookaround: It was Sunday and I had a pull on Tuesday, and I thought I needed more than one day for it to cure. Looking back I probably should have done it right, but I can sleep at night because I haven't had any problems thus far.

Wow! Did you use a lot of it? Like enough so it gooped up on the inside so it wouldn't push back out?

live life full throttle

PSDEng

Reaction score
Wow! Did you use a lot of it? Like enough so it gooped up on the inside so it wouldn't push back out?

live life full throttle

Yeah I remember I used quite a bit. I'll never do it again and I feel fortunate that nothing bad came out of me using it this time

Latest posts

Members online