intake manifolds...reseal or riffraff

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
99% sure my intakes are leaking, and the reason of my high egts/ truck feeling kinda sluggish. Was going to pop off the stockers and reseal. I got to think about the riffraff billet ones. Who has resealed / gone with the riff raffs?

ghohouston

Reaction score
Re sealing is fine, but if you have the money, I say go with riff raff's, since you can't crush those, and the o ring won't ever leak.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of doing an 08 front clip swap, so pretty maxed out on funds. I can swing the extra $300, but if the stockers are fine I'll stick with them

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
Pull them off, see what they look like.
If they are crushed, a couple of vendors sell a reinforcement sleeve, I think even riffraff.
I used no limits, very nice pieces!

BAMF0816

Reaction score
u could go with those, or buy some older style aftermarket int. manifolds, like the ones irate sells. a little cheaper than the RR ones. i thought DP & beans sold similar looking manifolds as an alternative option, but i guess they like the RR intake manifolds more. IIRC, Maybe Strickley has some for cheap from a company that liquidated all of their 7.3L inventory. not completely sure on that though.

Reaction score
I would buy new ones whether OEM or aftermarket. There is a possibility of warping the intakes when you pull them off.

Billy T.
[email protected]

My original one literally fell of when I pull the bolts out. Almost All the silicone was gone. Anyways op, I've suspected this has been one of your issues for some time now. I have a spare set of 3" plenums at the house if you need them.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My original one literally fell of when I pull the bolts out. Almost All the silicone was gone. Anyways op, I've suspected this has been one of your issues for some time now. I have a spare set of 3" plenums at the house if you need them.

How's your truck running now?

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
When we tearing it apart lol

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Gotta get it outta the body shop first! Was supposed to take a week.. ..it's been four

TyCorr

Reaction score
That was a few years ago when I still had a D66. Truck ran much better with new sealant.

I didnt care about the manifolds. I just wondered how the truck is? You went from 200/80 to 300/200 to 400/200 back a step. Just wondered how it is?

Reaction score
I didnt care about the manifolds. I just wondered how the truck is? You went from 200/80 to 300/200 to 400/200 back a step. Just wondered how it is?

Ah, gotcha. It's been running great. I drive it almost every day. I wanna try gear head tunes soon I think.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Yea, mine also. One fell off and the other had to be pried off, warping it.

Billy T.
[email protected]

TyCorr

Reaction score
Did you guys scrape the old crap off or can you grab it and yank it in one chunk?

Latest posts

Members online