Intake on otherwise stock 15

Platinumtuxedo

Reaction score
Merry Christmas all ya filthy animals!
I did some searching but didn't find what is was looking for. Going to be deleting the truck this year but probably not till summer. I am wondering if anyone has done one of the intakes on an otherwise stock 15. Will it throw a code if it is not tuned? Anything to gain from the intake on a stock truck? No-Limit seems to be the go to for these trucks and that is the direction I am leaning.

Cheers

ncollins64

Reaction score
Maybe check out morgans 2015 test mule build. I think there was quite a bit to gain even on a stock truck with the nolimit intake. I can't remember numbers off the top of my head

ftast350

Reaction score
All I takes work without a tune as long as the sensors are there, you just get more out of them with a tune.

ftast350

Reaction score
That's not true. With dpf on tunes I have a cel all the time with the no-limit 5"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you know what is causing the cell?
And I wouldn't think that the afe's or S and B's would be the same since they are designed and tested on stock vehicles (not tuned) at first.
And the NoLimit one is too bad ass not to have a tune!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
The mass air flow circuit doesn't care for the extra air m. Throws a code.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
honestly , I don't think there are any gains on any trucks with a stock tune and aftermarket intake, certainly not worth the money or the effort .

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
That's not true. With dpf on tunes I have a cel all the time with the no-limit 5"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had a light with my intake kit, stock or tuned. Several other vehicles running that configuration as well, with no lights.

I did similar testing to the OP's question. With my cold air intake kit on a stock 15 truck, I saw a 4rwhp gain. The stock intake is more than sufficient for a stock truck. The big gains from my kit showed with power adders installed.

Latest posts

Members online