Intake Plenums

DocBar

Reaction score
i sure hope so... i wouldnt put that on my wall to even look at like that.

live life full throttle

its not your phone, i got on my laptop to make sure... expand the picture and put a straight edge along the bottom..... for a billet piece, its ***ed up!!
I'm on my laptop and wondering exactly where it seems warped to you. Can you explain further?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
bowed, warped, bent, fubar, all the same! expand the pic and put a straight edge on the bottom of the bottom plenum... how much more do i need to explain? it my be the way the pic is taken but its not flat what so ever..

DocBar

Reaction score
bowed, warped, bent, fubar, all the same! expand the pic and put a straight edge on the bottom of the bottom plenum... how much more do i need to explain? it my be the way the pic is taken but its not flat what so ever..
Simmer down now. You might blow a gasket!!! :poke: :ford:

EDIT: Having saved and expanded, I still don't see it. I'm old, so maybe your eyesight is that much better. Not saying they aren't warped. Just saying I don't see it.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i ment im always simmered down...

also why i said to use a straight edge, a card, a piece of paper, a pencil.. way easier to see it...

Lang

Reaction score
It's prob the pic... I highly doubt he's selling garbage.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Lol..this took a weird turn. I agree, must be the picture.

Homesteader

Reaction score
Well after all the reading I'm leaning more to Riffraff's, but I still have time to make a change .

Homesteader

Reaction score
with the sperm you spit out...riff raff stuff will always be good...3- 7.3 trucks all with glued on plenums and 700k miles and never a leak..i cant see orings doing that..I suppose your going to tell me clays new reservoir spacer is better then dieselsites as well..

Clay has a reservoir spacer?

Black 02

Reaction score
Clay has a reservoir spacer?

Well, sorta.... :popcorn:

It's some top secret piece that Joe (CSIPSD) had made and starts arguments among a few when mentioned. It was found in a picture of his new motor install.

Ask him..... or Ron..... :swordfight::swordfight: LOL

Homesteader

Reaction score
It's been mentioned before but not sure if anyone tried this combo yet. Will the s467fmw,TN t4 kit work with the riffraff plenums?

Black 02

Reaction score
It's been mentioned before but not sure if anyone tried this combo yet. Will the s467fmw,TN t4 kit work with the riffraff plenums?

2000wa250 is running Irate's mount with them. Irate's mount makes the turbo very snug to the plenums, hence the flat plate plenums he sells.

I'm guessing if it worked for that application, then it should work for your TN mount.

That being said, I have no idea..... LOL

INFRNL

Reaction score
not if they are warped as much as those are!!

live life full throttle

I agree and I do not even need to expand it to tell the bottom one looks out of shape.

As to the op and regards to the factory sealant: I found leaks on my stocks with factory sealant at approx. 192K

I fixed the leaks but still went with the riffraff plenums. IMO they appeared to be the nicest ones for the price. I also like the oring design. I am sure the orings will not last forever, but nothing does.

I do not recall where I saw it but there was a good article on the riffraff plenums and why they eliminated on of the bolt locations. I also believe these have been tested to 100psi without failure, so they should be just about on par with everyone else. I like the design and looks better than others offered.

Riffraff also offers the inserts for those that do not want to spend the coin for the full plenums. Good option if you are concerned about crushing the stocks. Other than reinforcing the ports, I am not too sure if there are many other benefits.

2000wa250

Reaction score
2000wa250 is running Irate's mount with them. Irate's mount makes the turbo very snug to the plenums, hence the flat plate plenums he sells.

I'm guessing if it worked for that application, then it should work for your TN mount.

That being said, I have no idea..... LOL

I've measured the riffraff ones and pretty sure they wouldn't fit. It'd be close though. That's with jakes mount. If the Turbo was twisted just a hair it wouldn't be a question. As it is I actually don't have one bolt in the plenum right where the turbo is. Called jake about it when I did the install and he said no problems it happens. Been having some issues with spool up but gotta get the leak detector fixed first.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Dont understand why a guy could not raise his mount kit a hair so its not tight as fook every time someone mounts a turbo...

bruce

Reaction score
Heard Jonathan at no limit tuning and design was making mounts, maybe his will be a tad higher

V-Ref

Reaction score

Homesteader-

The plenums I just sold in the classifieds (they look just like the ones posted by Cary in post #57) wouldn't clear the S467.7 FMW Compressor Cover...by just a smidgen though....if you clock the compressor discharge to the 12 or 11 o'clock position (nearly straight up) then it would clear.

All this talk of plenum volume.....I think most applications on this board would probably be better served to ensuring their truck had ZERO boost leaks, and no rubbing chaffing due to install conflicts between hard parts...vs. the .15 cubic ft of additional intake volume that these plenums offer.

When you do some displacement math of a 444 cu in motor turning 3500 rpm, and PRs in the 3s to 4s (or higher on the compound setups)....I think the math surmises you'd need a WHOLE lot more volume in the plenums to make a difference.

My 2 pennies.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Homesteader-

The plenums I just sold in the classifieds (they look just like the ones posted by Cary in post #57) wouldn't clear the S467.7 FMW Compressor Cover...by just a smidgen though....if you clock the compressor discharge to the 12 or 11 o'clock position (nearly straight up) then it would clear.

All this talk of plenum volume.....I think most applications on this board would probably be better served to ensuring their truck had ZERO boost leaks, and no rubbing chaffing due to install conflicts between hard parts...vs. the .15 cubic ft of additional intake volume that these plenums offer.

When you do some displacement math of a 444 cu in motor turning 3500 rpm, and PRs in the 3s to 4s (or higher on the compound setups)....I think the math surmises you'd need a WHOLE lot more volume in the plenums to make a difference.

My 2 pennies.

:toast:

Latest posts

Members online