Intercooler

jban126_f350

Reaction score
I'm gonna need an intercooler here soon and I just want some opinions on what to get I see mishimoto is all flashy and I see the all over the web but the price isn't to flashy to me. I was thinking about just running a new 7.3 aluminum intercooler. And get the riff raff boots to make it fit. Couple guys tell me it fits perfectly. What do you guys think I should do?
Thanks fellas

gjoski515

Reaction score
Go with Alradco, Pete is a great guy, and make a great product, i have one of his intercoolers in my truck fits perfect, works great and warranty for life, plus American made.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
Go with Alradco, Pete is a great guy, and make a great product, i have one of his intercoolers in my truck fits perfect, works great and warranty for life, plus American made.
Never heard of them. Just checked them out looks cool. Says there still in development

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Never heard of them. Just checked them out looks cool. Says there still in development

You can order them on the alradco website right now, I would call first to make sure there isn't a long lead time.

Mishimoto has built up a pretty good reputation too

Merc82

Reaction score
I ran a 7.3 aluminum intercooler for a few months , I don't recommend it, not for a highly modified truck at least. I switched to a CSF bar and plate and I like it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
turbonetics / spearco ... work VERY well , proven ! we keep them in stock and nobody can beat our prices on them .

Merc82

Reaction score
Did it help your temps any?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Yes it did. It is an inch over stock thick. Take this FWIW, no factual data here, just my experience. Don't know if my old intercooler was just plain wore out,dirty, or oil soaked from the CCV, but unloaded, with a race tune, used to hit north of 1750° on a WOT run. Now I hit around 1450° and it cools down way quicker. Not too much noticeable while cruising, course it is so humid here and sometimes traffic is so bad, it is hard to maintain a solid speed for a cruise sometimes. The 7.3 intercooler, well, for some reason would not hold boots on it, not even with new boots, I couldn't be aggressive with the truck with one blowing off. Also, it felt like I lost some mid range power. I felt it made my turbo spooled a little quicker though, but then again, the 7.3 cooler is smaller than the 6.0 unit. I ditched the 7.3 cooler for the CSF, wanted a Spearco, but the funds weren't there. No regrets though.

Black AOD

Reaction score
turbonetics / spearco ... work VERY well , proven ! we keep them in stock and nobody can beat our prices on them .

Yeah Spearco or Precision's Unit would be my first pick if I had to do it again. I do like My Alradco though, no complaints so far.

05sixliter

Reaction score
I just installed a Mishimoto intercooler and No Limit cold side pipe, perfect fit! It's HUGE compared to stock. EGTs are down 150-200 degrees. Spools faster, pulls harder, less smoke overall. Very pleased with it overall

Mishimoto

Reaction score
I just installed a Mishimoto intercooler and No Limit cold side pipe, perfect fit! It's HUGE compared to stock. EGTs are down 150-200 degrees. Spools faster, pulls harder, less smoke overall. Very pleased with it overall

Awesome. Great to hear the feedback. Thanks for picking up our cooler.

-John

Latest posts

Members online