Intercoolers

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ive never had trouble with riffraff. He always delivers on his word. Ive had great luck with the sponsoring vendors too. I like the site so I try to buy from vendors as much as possible. I always go to my local ford dealer for stock parts. My maternal grandpas brother owns half of it. Its the closest ive ever been to talking to my grandfather.

juniort444e

Reaction score
How much for that spearco, and how well does it fit, or what did you have to modify to make it work.

Just trying to get an idea ahead of time, to prepare myself instead of buying one and it showing up and im looking at the part as if it came from pluto.

Worst enemy, whats your price on one? And can you get other ones, and prices for those as well. Trying to weigh out my options right now.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Hypermax Tapercore for me. HUGE!

Here's mine mounted on my OBS. Had it on my SD, modded the lower mounts to put onto the 97. Top is 1/4" below the hood latch and bottom is below the bottom of the bumper. Again, HUGE!!!

DSCN0554.jpg

DSCN0576.jpg

DSCN0623.jpg

Last edited:

juniort444e

Reaction score
That is huge. Thanks for the pictures.

My thoughts are, if im going to spend some on a mishimoto, why not go with something a tad bigger for when i go to compounds or whatever mods i go with in the future. But I dont want to break the bank either.

Is it possible that mine just has a plastic cover over the aluminum end caps. I dont think that is likely, but a possibility tho. Just a thought I had last night.

Bushwakd

Reaction score
How much for that spearco, and how well does it fit, or what did you have to modify to make it work.

Just trying to get an idea ahead of time, to prepare myself instead of buying one and it showing up and im looking at the part as if it came from pluto.

Worst enemy, whats your price on one? And can you get other ones, and prices for those as well. Trying to weigh out my options right now.

The Spearco is a 6.0 retrofit 7.3. It fits no problem. The upper mounting tab ears needed a slight bend to keep it just a tad bit off the radiator so no rub or chafe would occur. Using Dieselsite boots 6.0 swap boot kit for 7.3 which are longer and are tapered down in width made the fit no problem.
Dennis at Strickly Diesel has the Spearco listed on his sight. And no I did not pay that much but a few hundred less.

Reaction score
That is huge. Thanks for the pictures.

My thoughts are, if im going to spend some on a mishimoto, why not go with something a tad bigger for when i go to compounds or whatever mods i go with in the future. But I dont want to break the bank either.

Is it possible that mine just has a plastic cover over the aluminum end caps. I dont think that is likely, but a possibility tho. Just a thought I had last night.

nice try... but no its not...

Short Bus

Reaction score
I was merely making a joke just based off the spearco ic, it had nothing to do with you. All this talk reminded me of hte days lott and bunting would go round and round about intercoolers lol.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I must have not been around then. But sounds like it would have been fun to read tho.

Eh. It was a bunch of trash talking junk with little fact IIRC. Combine that with the rather defunct name that Bunting/Blackwidow has now and its a waste of breath to say anymore than what has currently been said.

Bushwakd

Reaction score
I was merely making a joke just based off the spearco ic, it had nothing to do with you. All this talk reminded me of the days lott and bunting would go round and round about intercoolers lol.

Its all good. I know exactly where you were going with the comment and I chuckled when I read it. I remember those days as well.

Bushwakd

Reaction score
OP. If you want I can move that part of this thread into a thread of it's own. Let me know.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! No thanks. No reason to bring up the wasted bandwidth or the old days of the DramaStop or PSN. Although it was entertaining at the time and I really wish I could gain back all the wasted time I spent reading that drama.

Latest posts

Members online