Intermitent TS Chip issue since reburn

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Hey guys, ive had a DP chip in mmy truck for a few years now, when i bought it there was a TS wildman in there. I got a brand new TS and sent it too Gearhead. Got the chip back and the truck was a bone. it woud smoke more than stock but no where near when i thought a hot tune would do. truck was lumpy like when you run a hybrid truck with no chip(surges and what not). I was driving home one night and it rained, i got on it after playing with the cable under the dash a little bit and the truck came alive and was finally tuned again. That was short lived:mad: for the 30 minutes the truck was OK, gearhead certainly lived up to the reputation! these 250CC BARLEY smoked and the truck burned every bit, man did it rip. i was super impressed

truck starts differently every morning(assuming its the change in using stock ICP and tuned ICP values), usually putting it in my tow tune seems to smooth my idol out but pretty much anything else will be intermitent. if you drive steadily down the road with your foot in one position it seams to jump up and down on the touchiness. I ordered a new TS cable thinking that was it but it wasnt.

My questions is, anyone heard of a bad reburn? i figure my warranty with TS got thrown out the window when i had matt reburn it. My computer is clean and all copper is showing like it should. I guess ill try a new PCM today after work? It would be my luck getting a bad TS chip.:wtf:

Last edited:

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but if the copper is showing i think to much was cleaned off. I've heard them being rubbed down to far and it causing issues.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
i thought you rub down the silver solder down to copper? thats how it was when i got it. but thats what i did for my old truck. guess we will find out with other input lol

907DAVE

Reaction score
If you see copper you have gone way too far.

You need to get the contacts re tinned.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
ok soooo basically i have a jacked up J3 port and this should explain why im having these issues and i need a new PCM? previous owners man..
if this is all true then this would seriously explain a few interesting hickups ive had with the truck over the years!

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Well that copper may be true but the chip works thebsame on any PCM I tried in the Truck as of yesterday. Matt is going to warranty the chip for me and getting another one shipped out today. I'll let you guys know what I find when i get the new one!

onebad7.3

Reaction score
I have a little copper showing and everything seems to be ok. I was told as long as the chip fits tight on the contacts you should be ok. Tape it on good though.
Just wondering what venders will re-tin the pcm? Just in case down the road anyone needed it done

bad12jr

Reaction score
The obs pcm is slightly thicker where the chip plugs in iirc. A little more forgiving.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.