Intermittent ICP Issue??

06powerstroke

Reaction score
So... My 6.0 has about 90k miles and has never had an issue. Yesterday I go to start up my truck, oil and coolant at 110, and it doesn't start. However it was cranking VERY fast, almost starting. After cranking about 20 seconds it fired and very slowly rose to idle RPM. So I give it a rev and there is no smoke, usually it smokes a good amount. So I get on the road and open it up, only 1500psi. So I flash it back to stock, and it hits 3500 no problem. Flash X-street again and there is no problem, hits 3800psi! Could the low ICP have been a fluke? What could be going bad? Thanks...

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
fwiw....you can't read true ICP with innovative tunes. I talked to eric about this when I was getting some crazy readings. put it to stock (like you did) and data log some pulls to see what the ICP demanded vs actual is.

06powerstroke

Reaction score
fwiw....you can't read true ICP with innovative tunes. I talked to eric about this when I was getting some crazy readings. put it to stock (like you did) and data log some pulls to see what the ICP demanded vs actual is.

That's what I've read but Eric's tunes have always read ICP on my scangauge from 500-3800. When it took forever to start it was reading 450-1500, and it was very low on power. Now that it's working great again it's reading 500-3800 like usual. So it seems my scangauge does read his just fine, IDK why...

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
not sure...but that does sound like you're having trouble building ICP. weakening hpop possibly or leaking stc fitting/dummy plug.

SootPowered

Reaction score
Check ficm voltage also. Mine was doing about the same thing. I performed the 58v mod and found a loose resistor. She now runs strong again. But then again it could be a ICP issue also.

Latest posts

Members online