Irate Diesel Intercooler Pipes

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
OK here is the deal. I have finally installed my IC and attempted to use the super duty pipes that I bought with the IC. The problem is that I am running an H2E and I have a Banks intake Y. Is anyone else running this set of intake pipes with a Banks Y or did you purchase the Irate Y and change out to the 3" plenums? I only found one place online to buy the pipes, but am waiting on a response from Jake at Irate about a package price on the hot and cold pipes and intake Y. I have spent the last three days using the search function and I am all googled out. Anyone who has this setup your advice/pics are welcome. On a side note I do have a body lift on my truck so I do expect that I will end up having to cut the pipes on the vertical plane and shorten them but that isn't a big deal.

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
Nevermind. I called Jake and got it all squared away. Let me say that his customer service is excellent. He discussed everything in detail with me on how to get it all figured out.

MossBack

Reaction score
If you don't mind what is your plan?

I have a IC that I have been sitting on for a year now waiting for a decent priced option.

I have talked to another guy that was supposedly building a set for like 300 but that has never panned out to my knowledge.

Thanks

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Nevermind. I called Jake and got it all squared away. Let me say that his customer service is excellent. He discussed everything in detail with me on how to get it all figured out.

How did that converter work out for you?

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
How did that converter work out for you?

Working awesome. Thanks brother. Definitely can tell a difference between the old setup and this one as well. I will be down some time this week or next. As soon as I get it all back together from this project. I need your advice on an issue with the shifting. I'm not sure if it is something that can be done with programming on the chip or if it is going to be something we will have to tackle with the valve body.

Last edited:

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
If you don't mind what is your plan?

I have a IC that I have been sitting on for a year now waiting for a decent priced option.

I have talked to another guy that was supposedly building a set for like 300 but that has never panned out to my knowledge.

Thanks

Well I already mounted the intercooler but when I went to use the pipes from a super duty they won't work without seriously modifying them and adding pipe due to the fact that I have an H2E and currently have the banks intake Y. The new plan is that I got a new set of aluminum 3" plenums and stainless intake Y and cold/hot pipes from Irate Diesel which will solve my whole problem. the only modification I will have to make is that due to my body lift I may have to cut the pipes on the vertical rise and shorten then. I may not though due to the fact that I mounted my intercooler lower than others have. If I have to shorten them then I will either weld them back together or bead roll the ends and add a boot there which could be beneficial to working on the engine in the future but it also adds another place where it can leak from.

If you want a decent priced option then contact Jake at Irate Diesel. You are looking at around 375 for the intake Y, cold/hot intercooler pipes and probably another 30-40 bucks for the step down boots to go from the 3" intake Y to the 2" intake plenums on an obs or you could source a set of 3" plenums from a super duty or you could just go ahead and spend the extra cash and get the aluminum ones he makes. It all depends on what you want to do and how far you want to go.

Last edited:

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Working awesome. Thanks brother. Definitely can tell a difference between the old setup and this one as well. I will be down some time this week or next. As soon as I get it all back together from this project. I need your advice on an issue with the shifting. I'm not sure if it is something that can be done with programming on the chip or if it is going to be something we will have to tackle with the valve body.

10-4

Latest posts

Members online