Irate s468 install

2000wa250

Reaction score
Not positive on ICP numbers, but for some reason mine is taking forever to reach 3000 or higher pressures....like I have to be WOT standing on it for a few seconds before it climbs up that high. My friends with 160/100% and a T500 feels like it pulls harder than mine does with duals. ICP seems to ramp up pretty slow. Everyone I have talked to has said the torque numbers on the Dyno is WAY off.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Not positive on ICP numbers, but for some reason mine is taking forever to reach 3000 or higher pressures....like I have to be WOT standing on it for a few seconds before it climbs up that high. My friends with 160/100% and a T500 feels like it pulls harder than mine does with duals. ICP seems to ramp up pretty slow. Everyone I have talked to has said the torque numbers on the Dyno is WAY off.

What do you have for fuel/oil now?

2000wa250

Reaction score
Fuel is a walbro set up from jake. Haven't seen pressures drop more than 5-10 psi at wot.

Oil is twin terminators that I bought used and joey went through.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

V-Ref

Reaction score
Nice run/numbers!

Two pumps worth of HPOP oil should be ramping that ICP up quick-like at the tuners whim.

Do you have AE or Torque?

That will allow you to observe these PIDs simultaneously:

1- Accel Pedal %
2- ICP
3- IPR Duty Cycle
4- Injector Pulse Width

A data log, or screen shot with those parameters plotting over a 5 to 10 second run would go a long way to getting you/tuner on the right track.

I bet that's a fun truck...think how much fun it'll be once you get this sorted out!

2000wa250

Reaction score
Yea. I have a feeling I either have something funky going on with tuning, a sticking ipr, or something funky with my throttle position sensor. Also popped a code for the cps the other day. Haven't had any issues but just want to throw this out there.

If my cps is failing, could this cause some part of the issue?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

2000wa250

Reaction score
Oh and yes I have AE. Will get that Data Log tomorrow. You need a 5-10 second run at WOT? or just a 5-10 second datalog of acceleration? Like I said once its around 2500 RPM it pulls amazing. It just takes until that rpm to get my ICP numbers up.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Not positive on ICP numbers, but for some reason mine is taking forever to reach 3000 or higher pressures....like I have to be WOT standing on it for a few seconds before it climbs up that high. My friends with 160/100% and a T500 feels like it pulls harder than mine does with duals. ICP seems to ramp up pretty slow.

Hey just be sure what it is exactly you're trying to fix......I highlight this because I've chased my tail on my truck for none existent problems...those are great numbers in my book. But I know what it's like to feel like there's something wrong (and there may be here) so let's get after it.

Just keep in mind...that in Performance Diesel Forum Fantasy Land, everyone gets 25-30 mpg while towing, can spool a 80mm inducer single at 8K', and their 600% nozzles don't haze in 30 below zero LOL

Here's an example screen shot that I was suggesting if produced for your truck, might help you/tuner with a diagnosis. Keep in mind...there might be nothing wrong at all either.

BUT...two pumps worth of HPOP oil volume, and your ICP should be jumping right up, like the chart below.

Red=Accel Pedal Position, Green=ICP, Blue=Engine RPM, Orange=IPR Duty Cycle.
i-xHvKHFL.jpg

Last edited:

V-Ref

Reaction score
And this isn't a HPOP war thing. I'd run two pumps, but I need to keep things simple. Just looking to help somebody out. Quickest way to run folks off this forum is getting drug down into bickering over BS.

Thanks!

2000wa250

Reaction score
the only reason I think something is off is it doesnt feel like it pulls as hard as my buddies with only a t500 in it, and the tq numbers seem WAY low

2000wa250

Reaction score
The more I look at you graph, the more I feel like I have an issue. I dont see near that ICP under 2500rpm...that and I didnt make those numbers until like 2600 RPM

Last edited:

Black 02

Reaction score
After finally getting my S468 installed, I can tell you that you can get a 5" intake to work and keep the valve covers on correctly.

It'll take some time and some finess, but it can be done.

Thanks again Jake for all you help!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online