Is a 1"- 1 1/2" body lift too much to ask?

Big Bore

Reaction score
Convince me that pucks are stronger.
When hockey pucks have lasted over 20 years, and factory wont even last 10, what does that tell you? I am NOT advocating using them, I used them ONCE when I was much younger. I do not plan to use them on my SD.

Zinc plated bolts look almost identical to Grade 8 bolts. But it would be unwise to use them instead.

And people wonder why the aftermarket / modded trucks are under so much scrutiny.

Nobody said use cheap bolts, you added that.

Snake

Reaction score
We're on the same page and my comment wasn't directed at you -- I know you're not advocating using them.

In regards to the bolts, I was trying to make a comparison to show that while something may fit, it doesn't mean it's the right part.

Big Bore

Reaction score
No problem man. I see a lot of people denigrating hockey pucks for body lifts, but I've seen them used dozens of times with no failures ever since I was a kid. Now stacking 4 of them would be utterly stupid, but we all know even a 3" manufactured body lift is not the best or smartest thing to do. I tell you what, take an aftermarket body mount, and a hockey puck and start smashing them with a 10lb sledge. I don't know what will happen but I think that would be a good redneck stress test. LOL

genie144

Reaction score
I tell you what, take an aftermarket body mount, and a hockey puck and start smashing them with a 10lb sledge. I don't know what will happen but I think that would be a good redneck stress test. LOL
Have a hockey puck I can borrow? I have some tension that would work out through your stress test ;)

I have wanted a SMALL body lift on my OBS and now my Super Duty. I just need a little extra clearance between the frame and cab. Not too mention under the cowl would be nice...

If you figure something out, make two (would need for a crew cab long bed)...

Sam

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
red neck body lift... hockey pucks have worked for many many years.... i know a few thats had them in for 20yrs and never a problem.... i think one guy broke one but thats it.... all on older trucks that dd and play in the mud....

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
I was in a jeep club a while back and i kid you not there had to be atleast 15 guys that swore by the hockey puck. And theses guys are the guys who's jeeps had been rolled, rocked, slammed their bodys into boulders and all sorts of crazy stuff. I laughed at them only to find out when i put my jeep back to stock that i was sportin the hockey puck lift......called the guy i bought it from and he said they were put on in the earlu 90's and i took them off in 09. No cracks, nothin missing, damn near still perfect.

Not giving my approval but not saying they don't work.

SoCalPsd-Corey

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the thought of buying a body lift set for a sd gasser and modifying the blocks and components is soooooooooooooo out of the question!!!! carry on:poke::poke::poke:

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
A body lift would be identical for a gas and diesel truck.... the bodies are the same :poke:

i know that:doh:...... what im geting at is they dont make 1-1.5 inch b lifts. cut the 3" block in half (1.5 minus what the blade eats) 2" block = 1" body lift. is all i mean. hell you could set a table saw up and make every one perfect. that was the modify the gasser kit comment.... fwiw

CSIPSD

Reaction score
The bodys are the same but you have to take into account the coolers and such. Thats where your going to run into issues. with a 1" or so I dont think I will have to do a thing but maybe cut the bottom of the fan shroud.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The bodys are the same but you have to take into account the coolers and such. Thats where your going to run into issues. with a 1" or so I dont think I will have to do a thing but maybe cut the bottom of the fan shroud.

U will have to alter the cac piping

John

Reaction score
U will have to alter the cac piping
My truck has bone stock cac pipes. The radiator shroud had to be cut, and the upper rad hose had to be modified. It has a three inch body lift and its been that way for over 70k miles.

Buying a body lift and cutting them in half would be the way to go IMO.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
My truck has bone stock cac pipes. The radiator shroud had to be cut, and the upper rad hose had to be modified. It has a three inch body lift and its been that way for over 70k miles.

Buying a body lift and cutting them in half would be the way to go IMO.

id like to see pics of the boot angles...

Latest posts

Members online