Is it time for injectors?

BigBlue

Reaction score
If it's a gearing issue, 4.10s would be ideal for daily driving with occasional heavy towing, correct? If that's what needs to happen, what am I looking at as far as parts cost? And if it's an injector issue, what parameters should I be watching?

dsberman94

Reaction score
4x4 truck? Front and rear ring and pinion gears changed. Then probably a reflash at the dealership to keep the speedo right. Might be able to keep the speedo correct with another device but I'm not sure.

dsberman94

Reaction score
The site sponsor sunrise ford can help you get the 4.10 ring and pinion. Install cost is going to depend on shops in your area. That's not something I personally would tackle in my home garage with setting up the backlash correctly. Something like that I just don't care to mess with. You may be different not sure.

4.10s and 37s sounds like it's going to be the ticket going from what others have said about changes when they've upped tire sizes. You'll probably need tuning changes to the shifting also but that's something you'll have to bring up with the tuning company. Plus the cost to get the dash gauges to read correct again.

Not going to be the cheapest so you will still want to make sure you've got no other issues first. Also, did you confirm the tunes are written for the lift and tires. Sometimes things get overlooked. Humans aren't perfect.

BigBlue

Reaction score
I may email Eric just to make sure there isn't something funky going on with the tuning. We'll see. This truck is becoming a real headache lately!

Strokin89

Reaction score
4.10s for 37's? What would u suggest for 38's?

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

swinky

Reaction score
Air filter? check boots for cracks. I'm not a big vgt guru but can't the tuner add a little % to vane control (or whatever the *** it is) and up the boost a little at cruising speeds. 25 psi wide open isn't right either.

BigBlue

Reaction score
I would think 4.30s would be crazy tall, maybe too wound up going 75. I don't really know much about gearing and stuff. I haven't had time to mess with it. Emailed innovative, haven't heard back in a couple of days. Just been driving it. I just hope I'm not tearing anything up with these elevated EGTs

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I would think 4.30s would be crazy tall, maybe too wound up going 75. I don't really know much about gearing and stuff. I haven't had time to mess with it. Emailed innovative, haven't heard back in a couple of days. Just been driving it. I just hope I'm not tearing anything up with these elevated EGTs

I have 32" tires and 4.30's, it's not even that bad.

Eric sometimes goes a few days without responding when he's really busy, but has always gotten back to me.

Strokin89

Reaction score
36x15.50 wasnt even that crazy with 4.56.

Trust us. Go 4.30 with 37's.

I had 4.56 and loved every second with 38x15.50's with a non vgt

We're Ur rpms high with 456 and 38's?

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
We're Ur rpms high with 456 and 38's?

I dont remember them being overly high.

It drove amazing, had a 64/74 .81 so I wanted the extra gearing to help with the charger

BigBlue

Reaction score
Looks like it's time to start saving for a re-gear. Thanks for the advice everyone.

BigBlue

Reaction score
Well, lots has changed on the truck since I last posted here. Ended up having to redo my heads (sore subject.) Oringed them, while it was apart I got set up with some 175/30 sticks and a couple of other things. EGTs are no longer an issue for me and are back to normal, turbo lights great now. Also no longer lifted and dragging 37s around everywhere, I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out.

Latest posts

Members online