Is my BTS about to bite the dust?

DocBar

Reaction score
I pulled into work this morning, backed in and had my truck idling and it just up and died. Of course, it's a huge rainy day here in Augusta, so I replaced the CPS, cleared the CPS code nad started the truck up.

I take it for a test drive and notice the overdrive off light is flashing. I push it a few times and it goes off for a few minutes then comes back on. I pull off the highway and as soon as I stop at the red light, the truck shuts off. It starts right back up but the truck feels sluggish and I noticed my EGT's were up to 800* at 62 mph. Very unusual.

I don't have AE on the laptop with me. Maybe they can email me the program?

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Tc wire shorting/grounding out? If the trans wills killing the truck it would have to be locking the converter in gear at a stop and you will feel that.

DocBar

Reaction score
The truck keeps dying while idling, too. Weird stuff going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HBDELUX

Reaction score
If your AE subscription is current they will email you a link to load the program on the laptop via internet.

They are located in Az if you call in the next hour or 2 they will prob still be open. You will need your connector # when you call.

Last edited:

DocBar

Reaction score
If your AE subscription is current they will email you a link to load the program on the laptop via internet.

They are located in Az if you call in the next hour or 2 they will prob still be open. You will need your connector # when you call.
Thanks!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Check the harness and clean it. The rubber is gone and since its raining the water is getting in and shorting across pins and grounding the converter.

DocBar

Reaction score
Check the harness and clean it. The rubber is gone and since its raining the water is getting in and shorting across pins and grounding the converter.

Oh, snap. Is your windshield leaking?

The connector for the CPS looked good when I changed the sensor.
And no, the windshield isn't leaking...:thumbsup:

This truck has had electrical issues for forever. I've changed the engine wiring harness twice. :fustrate:

DocBar

Reaction score
Ran perfect this morning coming to work. Pretty much decided it's an electrical issue that shows up when it rains.

njjeep

Reaction score
I had a visor that slightly leaked and I could never find any water except one day a drop of water came off the fuse box. After I got rid of the visor the electrical problems I had went away.

DocBar

Reaction score
Oh, snap. Is your windshield leaking?

Just got off the phone with Brian and he thinks it's the windshield leaking onto the personality computer. He described several other issues I have like windows and the radio not working sometimes. Gonna be changing that out soon.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Brian and he thinks it's the windshield leaking onto the personality computer. He described several other issues I have like windows and the radio not working sometimes. Gonna be changing that out soon.

Did you ever pull the fuse box out to check for leaks?

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
They're almost impossible to completely disassemble, but I tore mine down as far as I could without too much hassle, blew it out with air, sprayed wire dryer and contact cleaner on anything I could, reassembled, and it's been fine for over a year.

DocBar

Reaction score
They're almost impossible to completely disassemble, but I tore mine down as far as I could without too much hassle, blew it out with air, sprayed wire dryer and contact cleaner on anything I could, reassembled, and it's been fine for over a year.

I'll give that a try and see what happens!

DocBar

Reaction score
Well, I got the new windshield installed today and drove from Augusta, Ga to Tuscaloosa. It rained on me for over half the trip to Atlanta and the truck was cutting out like crazy and throwing a CPS code. As soon as the roads were dry, it ran like a champ.
I pulled over at one point and checked the CPS connection and it was bone dry. Looked under the dash as best I could and no hint of moisture.
Got lucky that I don't fry my PCM when I stepped on my chips cord and partially pulled the chip out of the PCM while doing 70mph down the highway.
I'll be pulling the fuse block Friday.

Latest posts

Members online