Is something wrong with my turbo

Strokin Platinum

Reaction score
Hey guys, this might seem like a stupid question. I just put a 5 inch exhaust on my truck and the turbo isn't audible at all at idle. The truck seems to have a decent amount of power and you can hear the turbo spool higher in the rpm band but at idle and low rpm all you hear is the motor. Truck is an 04 with an egr delete and 5 inch straight exhaust. All stock other then that. The truck has had the turbo replaced twice by the dealership before i bought it. I just want to make sure nothing is wrong with the truck, i expected the turbo whistle to be obnoxiously loud.

Any input appreciated

Ironhide69802

Reaction score
Mine takes a lil bit to hear it when it's cold started. Once it warms n cycles, my neighbors hate me. Mines an 05 with 4" exhaust without cat n muffler

Strokin Platinum

Reaction score
So today i unhooked the batteries for 5-10 mins then reconnected them. I was driving the truck and stopped at a stop sign next thing you know the truck sounds like a jet... Does that for 10 mins or so in stop and go traffic and now its back to just hissing with a deep exhaust note. You can definitely hear the turbo spool when you get on it though.

weazel

Reaction score
Check your ebp sensor mine had low voltage was doing the sane thing got a new one and bammmmmm, fighter jet

Translated from hillbilly, with tapatalk
Engineers clear the way!

Strokin Platinum

Reaction score
I cleaned the sensor up it was pretty nasty. Took it for drive and you could definitely hear a difference. Im going to go pick a new sensor up at the dealership today.

weazel

Reaction score
On 6.0's, look at the drivers side exhaust manifold, there is a fitting and tube coming off of it, follow that up it should be right by the upper radiator hose

Translated from hillbilly, with tapatalk
Engineers clear the way!

Latest posts

Members online