Is there a better injector o-ring fix

co04cobra

Reaction score
I've had to pull about 10 sets of injectors in the last 2yrs for this o-ring BS...

Most were from the same place because O-rings were already installed on the reman injectors.

However, I believe I'm having a few trucks showing some signs of issues with APs I used a while back too.

I haven't had any come backs "yet" with motorcrafts but only switched to them exclusively about 6 months back.

I wish whatever dog sh!t factory this bad batch is coming from would get their **** together. It has cost me thousands because of the dumbness.

I've ate 3-4 wrecker calls for my customers when trucks wouldn't start, all the labor and ALL the o-ring cost on every truck. It's getting old...:fustrate::fustrate:

Jomax

Reaction score
Installed the 175/30s two years ago. Whatever orings from swamps is what's in the dually. Still going strong after 30k plus.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

boggerr

Reaction score
Is this just in the last few years? I have never had a problem with International or Motorcraft O-rings. I ran higher ICP then most people and put 150k on a set of Motorcrafts, they looked damn near perfect when pulled out.
One thing I did do was clock the gap in the metal ring so it didn't line up with the oil port in the injector bore.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I just ordered a set from riff raff because I think that's what's going on with my truck. I'm expecting to see the same cracked o rings when I pull the injectors.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I wonder if running higher HPO pressures have an effect on the o-rings.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Are aftermarket pumps and injectors holding pressure in the rail that much better that its literally eroding the viton/elastomer/wtf it is? Seems to me its related to high pressures.

My srp beat the daylights out of the top o rings and holding 3600 psi of icp at wot, no surprise.

I wonder if there's a correlation? I am running a t500 now and my icp is limited to 3100 but rarely sees that as wot in a truck with my mods is dangerous(ish anyway) and between smoke and burning rubber is asking for trouble.

Are people with high icp eating their own orings?

It is highly unlikely that high HPO is the cause of failure. We have customers who ordered stock reman injectors last year and have no tuning at all, that have blown the o-rings up top.

Joey at Terminator also runs extreme ICP (around 4000psi I believe) and he does not have injector o-ring issues.

This is an industry wide issue. Not singled out to a certain injector builder. A manufacturer of these o-rings released a bad batch of these things. The issues seem to be resolved now (as long as you are using OEM o-rings).

From what I have seen, injectors ordered any time last year or the very end of 2013 could have o-ring issues. I am sure the injector builders will know a better time frame though, since they are the ones sending everyone o-rings.

vr6nutt

Reaction score
About to install a new set of AC codes. Should I stick with the o-rings that came on them or opt for the ones in the Ford rebuild kit?

Arisley

Reaction score
About to install a new set of AC codes. Should I stick with the o-rings that came on them or opt for the ones in the Ford rebuild kit?

Depends on the builder, but if they say anything but Alliant/Motorcraft/Intenational, (all of those are Alliant), I don't know that I would trust them with building my injectors.

Contact your injector builder.

Billy T.
[email protected]

So, Through research, we knew that there were two people still using AOL. We now know who one of those people are.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Depends on the builder, but if they say anything but Alliant/Motorcraft/Intenational, (all of those are Alliant), I don't know that I would trust them with building my injectors.

The only way to get a new set of AC injectors is through Alliant Power, they come with o rings already installed.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Got my injectors pulled finally and 6 out of 8 had broken o rings the last 2 weren't in very good shape either.
20150531_174519.jpg

gnxtc2

Reaction score
So, Through research, we knew that there were two people still using AOL. We now know who one of those people are.

I get hassled at work to why am I still using AOL. Then I ask what is wrong with AOL and why should I change? The answers I get is because AOL is old....that answer is not good enough for me. Plus, knock on wood....my account was never compremised. All my friends that have yahoo, gmail, etc, etc get hacked all the time.

Billy T.
[email protected]

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
How many of these failed gaskets had the painted mark on them

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
FWIW, We only use Alliant Power orings and have not had a single failure that we are aware of in 10+ years. We only use one steel, as we've found no benefit to running two.

There are orings available from at least two other manufacturers that appear like Alliant orings, but do not hold up as well. We see them come in on cores all the time and they're blown out. The Alliant Power orings cost us a few more dollars per injector, but it's worth it in a case like this where you guys are seeing multiple blowouts on some other remans

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
FWIW, We only use Alliant Power orings and have not had a single failure that we are aware of in 10+ years. We only use one steel, as we've found no benefit to running two.

There are orings available from at least two other manufacturers that appear like Alliant orings, but do not hold up as well. We see them come in on cores all the time and they're blown out. The Alliant Power orings cost us a few more dollars per injector, but it's worth it in a case like this where you guys are seeing multiple blowouts on some other remans
so moral of the story is dont use it if it says anything but alliant on the package?

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online