is this a good deal

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Hell I'll sell u mine for 33,000. Lol

"Opportunity is often overlooked because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Thomas Edison.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I think that's a great deal. Low low miles.

"Opportunity is often overlooked because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Thomas Edison.

webb06

Reaction score
why would they have already replaced ALL the brake components after 27k miles. unless for some reason they went with bigger brakes which is unlikely i would think

theameric0n

Reaction score
what kinda mpg yall get with the 6.4 and looks like alot of rust on this truck also. Going to go look at it this week

dsberman94

Reaction score
It's a great price but I think it's a little too good to be true. Looks like they drove it on the beach and got it stuck in salt water for a couple days or slmething like that. That's a lot of rust for that mileage and being a California truck. Probably more trouble than it's worth for whoever buys it.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
It's a great price but I think it's a little too good to be true. Looks like they drove it on the beach and got it stuck in salt water for a couple days or slmething like that. That's a lot of rust for that mileage and being a California truck. Probably more trouble than it's worth for whoever buys it.

Probably why it has new brakes at 27,000 miles.

Reaction score
That is too much rust and the driver seat has more wear than it should for that many miles. My seat wasn't that worn after 97000 miles same colour and I didn't have that much rust and I live in Canada dealing with salty roads for almost 7 months of the year. Looks like it all doesn't add up to me. Good Luck

alradco

Reaction score
WTF a california truck with that much rust? My 02 F350 doesn't have that much. Seemed like a killer deal until I saw the pics. Might look better in real life though, I would take a look if you're close. The mileage is awsome.

Emery19

Reaction score
so its an 08 fx4. the grille should be a color matched fx4 style and the mirrors should have turn signals built into them. possible accident or theft recovery? only reason i say theft recovery.. is there a possibility the cluster was taken and a new one put in and the mileage wasnt programmed it has 27k on the new cluster?

edit: also, if you look at the title. on 1/8/14 it had an odometer reading of 16k.. so.. in 3 months he put about 10k on it? but since it was new in 08 to january only 16k was put on it? seems fishy

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
so its an 08 fx4. the grille should be a color matched fx4 style and the mirrors should have turn signals built into them. possible accident or theft recovery? only reason i say theft recovery.. is there a possibility the cluster was taken and a new one put in and the mileage wasnt programmed it has 27k on the new cluster?

edit: also, if you look at the title. on 1/8/14 it had an odometer reading of 16k.. so.. in 3 months he put about 10k on it? but since it was new in 08 to january only 16k was put on it? seems fishy

Also leather seats in an interior with almost no options. No steering wheel controls, basic radio with CD player, nothing that really says you paid a decent amount for this.

OP, Google the vin and see what comes up for it. I was looking at buying a truck a while ago and the guy said it was a theft recovery. He said they stole the wheels and interior and all was replaced with better than before. I googled the vin and found it was in an accident and in several damaged vehicle options with a busted rad, intercooler, and the entire front end had a huge dent in it like they hit a tree or pole. Wasn't worth the risk to me. But google the vin and see what pops up. Might find the missing links. Also get an oasis report on it.

Posted from ***itville, USA

Last edited:

Dave

Reaction score
Run like hell was totaled out in 2011 and rebuilt. Pics look like it went through a war zone

Emery19

Reaction score
Also leather seats in an interior with almost no options. No steering wheel controls, basic radio with CD player, nothing that really says you paid a decent amount for this.

OP, Google the vin and see what comes up for it. I was looking at buying a truck a while ago and the guy said it was a theft recovery. He said they stole the wheels and interior and all was replaced with better than before. I googled the vin and found it was in an accident and in several damaged vehicle options with a busted rad, intercooler, and the entire front end had a huge dent in it like they hit a tree or pole. Wasn't worth the risk to me. But google the vin and see what pops up. Might find the missing links. Also get an oasis report on it.

Posted from ***itville, USA

i completely agree with you, but the 08 fx4's were wicked weird with options. when i was looking at trucks there were a few 08 fx4's i saw that had minimal options like a basic radio but cruise control and trailer brake controller and other things but the leather. exterior wise they all looked the same.