Is this right or wrong??

TWEETER

Reaction score
This is the oil filter cap I have. I ordered a stock one from O'riellys cause I thought this was a Napa one but it just says wix and doesn't say, do not reuse. Sooooo????

Tweeter

Attachments

• cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 89

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Look on the inside. The motor craft filter will click in the top correct filter top. The wix comes fully assembeled with the filter and cannot be dissembeled. The napa cap has no snap in place.

Just had a guy come in, low icp high IPR duty cycle needing a oil pump and what do you know, napa filter cap motor craft filter.....

TWEETER

Reaction score
Ok yea this one just has a lil nipple in the middle on the inside. So I guess I was right to order the new one from O'riellys!!!

Thanks

TWEETER

Reaction score
Yea I only use motorcraft filters. I just didn't know about the caps before unfortunately!!! One from oriellys is the right one correct?? It looked like the smaller one!!!

Atsah

Reaction score
WIX filters come with there own cap everytime.. Get an OEM one from the Ford garage and you will be good..

6speedsd

Reaction score
Just go to the dealer and get a MC cap. They aren't that expensive. Too many 6.0's are failing from the wrong filters/caps being used.

Latest posts

Members online