Is this to much slop in my rear end?

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Lately I have been having a virbration under load towing and some noises that sounds like something is loose in the rear end. Drive shaft is brand new and balanced. Took a video of the left to right motion I can get out of it when I have the truck in natural and turn it.
http://youtu.be/dIYOPx7l-yw

Let me know what you guys think, this is on my F-450 with 170,000 miles on it but this rear end has about 70,000 on it.

GCncsuHD

Reaction score
My 2000 7.3 with the ZF6 and 3.73 open rear has about the same amount of play, the backlash seems excessive, but I have opened it up and measured. 195k on it.

duddy

Reaction score
Seems about the same as my truck right, but I did just blow the drive shafts out of mine. I did measure mine, and it was on the high side at .0010" backlash but that is still a good set. You may have it a little worse than mine though.

What speed is the vibration at? I am getting one at 40 to 75. May be the problem.

GCncsuHD

Reaction score
What speed is the vibration at? I am getting one at 40 to 75. May be the problem.

Should have mentioned with mine, I also get a vibration, but only from 75-80, and with no load. I can smoothly accelerate from 70 to 80, but if I let off and coast it will vibrate until it is below 75 again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.