ISSPRO EV2 gauge install question

rascal

Reaction score
I am getting ready to install my gauges (pyro,boost,fuel pressure, hpop) and they are all saying to install an inline fuse on the ignition circuit. Some say a 1 amp fuse while another says it requires a 3 amp fuse. I was planning to daisy chain the 3 gauges on the A-pillar and run the gauge on the steering column on its own; probably the pyro.

My question is what have the majority of you been doing? Are you using an inline fuse for every gauge, 1 inline fuse for all the gauges, or no fuses at all?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Do a 3 amp on the power supply at the beginning.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

superduty4x4

Reaction score
What I do on my gauge install is to tap into the fused side of the appropriate circuit behind the fuse box. It makes for a clean, fuse protected install.

Michael

Reaction score
Use one inline fuse between the truck harness and the 1st of the EV2 gauges in the "daisy chain". The instructions that said 3 amp are old, all of the instructions are being updated to say 1 amp. You can run 12 EV2 gauges daisy-chained off of a single 1 amp fuse. The 3 amp is acceptable as well, but don't go any higher. Too many people wire them up with no fuse or a 10 amp, and miswire something and damage the gauge (when the 1A or 3A fuse would have protected it).

rascal

Reaction score

rascal

Reaction score
Use one inline fuse between the truck harness and the 1st of the EV2 gauges in the "daisy chain". The instructions that said 3 amp are old, all of the instructions are being updated to say 1 amp. You can run 12 EV2 gauges daisy-chained off of a single 1 amp fuse. The 3 amp is acceptable as well, but don't go any higher. Too many people wire them up with no fuse or a 10 amp, and miswire something and damage the gauge (when the 1A or 3A fuse would have protected it).

Always good to hear it straight from the manufacturer! Thank you very much!

rascal

Reaction score
Ok, got my gauges wired up and found the mini fuse adapters that were mentioned in earlier in this thread. However, go to my fuse panel and all the fuse ports that aren't being used don't have any contacts in them! I know I can get some inline fuses and tap into one of the many other sources of power however I was looking to plug straight into the fuse panel.

What has everyone else been doing?

rascal

Reaction score

rascal

Reaction score
Nevermind. Opened the owners manual and found fuse #27 was an open fuse.

Everything is working great!

Just went for a test run. With stock injectors and stock tunes I was seeing about 15psi of boost @2500 rpm. EGT's got to around 900 and fuel pressure never went below 65 which I did not think it would with stock injectors.

Now for some tunes & injectors! :drool:

Barnhartal

Reaction score
Ok, got my gauges wired up and found the mini fuse adapters that were mentioned in earlier in this thread. However, go to my fuse panel and all the fuse ports that aren't being used don't have any contacts in them! I know I can get some inline fuses and tap into one of the many other sources of power however I was looking to plug straight into the fuse panel.

What has everyone else been doing?
The mini piggy back fuse holders have 2 fuses in them. Pull a fuse say for your radio and install the piggy back. The fuse closest to the panel protects the original circuit and the other protects whatever you attach to the pig tail.

Barnhartal, I am not that sharp. What does cutting off the butt connector get me?

Butt connectors are of the devil. They do not make good contact and are prone to corosion. I've diagnosed more electrical issues related to butt connectors than I can count. Proper connections should be done with solder and shrink tube. If you have to use one, use the type that is solder filled and has shrink tube built on it.

Latest posts

Members online