Issues with steering.

little luke

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with the steering on my truck (2006 f250, 4x4, 156000 miles). It started a week ago. The truck would try to pull to the right, then when I was fighting the truck to drive straight the steering felt as if soling had slipped or broke loose and I am suddenly fighting to keep the truck out of the other lane. It switched directions about every second for about 5 seconds. Made it to the shop, greased the front u joints. A week later it will start after a few miles and pretty much continue the whole drive. Not saying the u joints aren't trashed, but hoping to narrow this down to what needs to be fixed Instead of throwing parts at it. I have parked the truck for now due to it being to hard to control.

Also, yesterday when I hit my breaks coming into the shop while it was doing this drag and pull thing, the steering wheel felt as though I had a warped rotor, but that only happened one.

Last edited:

little luke

Reaction score
The caliper pines checked out. I pulled the u joints and they were trashed. Replaced them with a set of serviceable precisions u joints and its been smooth for the past week.

Latest posts

Members online