It's running!!!

Kind

Reaction score
Fixed 2 pistons, replaced rings, bearings, replaced steeds and 2.5 up-pipes with bd manifolds and 2" up-pipes, DPC converter(thanks mIke) and a stage 2 colt cam.

Couple vids I took on the drive home just running the HD300 tune. I'd think with some refined tunes it will light the turbos quicker. Still way more on tap then shown in the vids. It will make 60psi at half throttle. I think with the right tune and some waste gate set up it will be a strong runner. My but dyno tells me at half throttle it's faster then it was when I ran under 12's with a bunch of nitrous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfbgVHsVyac&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsoaYv0cSqg&feature=youtu.be

Thanks Dirty Diesel, No Limit and RCD.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
:doh: I just thought it was that nasty... Which it still is but you know what I mean.
Thanks for setting me straight.

Kind

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!

big numbers are in km/h lol.

Sent from my subconscious to your screen.

johnp115

Reaction score
:doh: I just thought it was that nasty... Which it still is but you know what I mean.
Thanks for setting me straight.

Thanks guys!!

big numbers are in km/h lol.

LOL my speedo is in km/h too. It gets people all the time.

Truck sounds nasty! looks like a ton of fun

3brorce

Reaction score
Half throttle with box hd300 is pretty much full throttle if you know what I mean. Sounds nasty.

Kind

Reaction score
I have few custom tunes I'm gonna try. The hd 300 was just to get me home.

Kind

Reaction score
After trying out my old custom tunes I resorted back to the hd300 tune. It seems to run best with it out of the few tunes I have. The downside of living out here is the inconvenience to have someone live tune it.

Other then that the trans doesn't like full power in any gear besides 5th... I was gonna rebuild it but I got impatient. Once the tc locks in 5th, WOW!! Cleans up the 110's to a greyish heat haze and that's only at 50psi. This turbo set up could handle more fuel.

At some point I will dyno it and take it to the track once I get the trans issue situated and a tune that maximizes the set-ups potential. Whether i write one the best I can with MCC(unlikely lol) or have one of the tuners do the best they can without the truck.

One of the best parts of it all is the sound of the truck. It's unlike anything I've heard and really really loud!! :drool:

B585Ford

Reaction score
Glad to see ya got her back on the road. I loved this build ever since you made that introduction (which is still the best intro to a build of all time). Looking forward to seeing what she will do when you get everything worked out.

Kind

Reaction score
Glad to see ya got her back on the road. I loved this build ever since you made that introduction (which is still the best intro to a build of all time). Looking forward to seeing what she will do when you get everything worked out.

Lol yeah it was entertaining. May have to make the sequel. Thanks man

so happy for you buddy !!!!

Thanks !!

Latest posts

Members online