Jackin up my 97

molonlabe27

Reaction score
Howdy all I or a 97 f250 with one ton springs in the rear. I was wondering if anyone knew howich lift those springs actually give me in the rear, that way I'll know how much I need for the front. I plan on stuffing 37" humvee tires under there. Thanks!

Wes Lewis

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I don't think it will give you any.

the difference between the 250s and 350s is in the blocks. f-250s have 2 in blocks and 350s have 4 in blocks. the 350s have helper springs aswell but those wont give you any lift

Nodge

Reaction score
Your front suspension will hate you if you put 37's on.
I'd suggest doing a reverse shackle conversion, and a Dana 60.

Nodge

Reaction score
The ttb Dana 50 is a poor design. Big tires only amplify how horrible it rides, and accelerate the wear on the center bushing etc. They are next to impossible to keep in good alignment once they start to wear out. Your tires will be cupped and garbage in no time.
Once you fix it all, it would have been money ahead to rebuild a d60, buy some nice riding springs, and have a bomb proof front end. F250 ttb springs are much much more stiff than f350 Dana 60 springs. Also with the rsk you have the option of using superduty springs in a few different flavours, as well as your choice of aftermarket lift or leveling springs.

If you ever ride in a truck with an rsk, you'll wonder how you ever could stand a ttb Dana 50.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Hell I went from an obs with a ttb to a SD.......... The ride is so much better with this front setup of a rsk and sd springs, every obs owner should consider it.

Wes Lewis

Reaction score
The ttb Dana 50 is a poor design. Big tires only amplify how horrible it rides, and accelerate the wear on the center bushing etc. They are next to impossible to keep in good alignment once they start to wear out. Your tires will be cupped and garbage in no time.
Once you fix it all, it would have been money ahead to rebuild a d60, buy some nice riding springs, and have a bomb proof front end. F250 ttb springs are much much more stiff than f350 Dana 60 springs. Also with the rsk you have the option of using superduty springs in a few different flavours, as well as your choice of aftermarket lift or leveling springs.

If you ever ride in a truck with an rsk, you'll wonder how you ever could stand a ttb Dana 50.

got ya!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.