Jasper Reman 6.0

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Ok, I know a guy who is looking at a 2004 that has a Jasper motor in it with about 10k on the motor and 111k on the body, everything is in great shape and it all checks out with AE, but I recall seeing a few times people saying to stay away from the Jasper's because of quality issues and motors failing. Anybody have any experience with them?

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ok, I know a guy who is looking at a 2004 that has a Jasper motor in it with about 10k on the motor and 111k on the body, everything is in great shape and it all checks out with AE, but I recall seeing a few times people saying to stay away from the Jasper's because of quality issues and motors failing. Anybody have any experience with them?

yep and its all bad

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
Can you guys elaborate a bit...I've got to prove my point to this guy, not just say, it's bad mkay? LOL

Tell him that google will be his friend on this one. I just did a google search of "jasper diesel engines review" and it was pretty bad. According to my search I can guess that if the motor in the truck your buddy is looking at has about 10k miles put on it, it only has another 10k to live.

I also read their customer service is terrible when it comes to warranty and just about all of their motors are junk builds, diesel and gasoline. I'd tell him to run.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I have replaced 3 Jaspers in the same truck, two in another, and now Im pulling another one out thats on its second jasper....

If you dont have at least 3 dead cylinders from polished turd injectors your off to a decent start.

All problems are related to either windows cast into block, oil pressure problems, or oil consumption

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Well he has decided he wants to keep the truck...everything looked fine with AE, so it will get a coolant flush and EGR delete and then a bale bed and hopefully he will have good luck with it...or at least if he has problems, hopefully Jasper will warranty it...Other than the motor, the rig is in excellent shape, it is a c&c 350 lariat and was very well taken care of...it just looks like the old motor blew the oil cooler and trashed the motor...there is a bit of oil residue in the degas bottle. We shall see how it holds up.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Well it's official the motor is junk. I was pulling it apart to put an egr delete on it and where to start. The harnesses look like a monkey put them back on the engine, wires were pinched, chaffed, exposed, etc. The back two FICM plugs were split clean in half and were removed by literally pushing on them with one finger. The oil was chunky, and in two weeks it has managed to add 4 quarts to the crank case, also it has excessive blowby and is forcing a chit ton of oil through the intake, when I removed the cold side CAC pipe, oil ran out. Time for him to get rid of it and go shopping again..hopefully he can find a good one in better shape.

Denver

Reaction score
I would never buy a truck with a reman engine. This is a 6.0 that was rebuilt by CAT. It didn't even make out of the dang box and the paint was still wet.

IMG00057-20090206-1312.jpg

IMG00069-20090216-1200.jpg

Latest posts

Members online