Jasper Transmission

juniort444e

Reaction score
Ok, well mine ate sh!t the other day. I took it back to the person who installed it and they called jasper up, filed the warrenty sheet out and what do ya know im gettting it back tomorrow.

But the bad part is, they told him they are going to tear into it and find out if a tuner or chip or something else caused it. How can they determine this if the truck was stock when everything started acting up before. :shrug: THe trans was junk from day one. Im just curious if anyone else had their trans and went through the warrenty process. Or if there is anything i can do to prove it was stock.

skew12

Reaction score
Wow that sucks man. I'd call someone that knows a lot about transmissions and ask them if it's possible. BTS for instance.

Hope it works out!

juniort444e

Reaction score
The bad part is if they "find out" it was from something else other then their trans being weak then they want me to pay. Im pretty sure thats what the installer was saying anyway. I have no clue right now.

zilla68

Reaction score
if they are just tearing down your tranny I'd doubt they can tell from just looking at it, I'm sure they'd have to scan the truck's pcm or something to know that.
That is probably a standard response.

zilla68

Reaction score
going forward I'd document every issue from day 1 if you have any, and get a copy of the warranty and read it over.

juniort444e

Reaction score
I hope your right zilla. I was thinking that was the case just to scare people or try to get more info. I didnt think they could tell from internals, like clutch paks being fried.

skew12

Reaction score
I can see it now........."you had an aftermarket intake on your truck?! Sorry we can't help you."

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Jasper doesnt make much of a transmission, they are like a heavy duty stock rebuild.

I would sell it once you get it back, then put the money towards something better

juniort444e

Reaction score
Thats exactly what im doing. Putting it up for sale either tonight or tomorrow. So if anyone knows who wants a brand new stock trans let me know. Im hoping to get enough out of it so i can put that with my other money and get a bts.

skew12

Reaction score
Thats exactly what im doing. Putting it up for sale either tonight or tomorrow. So if anyone knows who wants a brand new stock trans let me know. Im hoping to get enough out of it so i can put that with my other money and get a bts.

Definitely the right idea. Especially since you're building that engine also.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
If they tell you that it had a chip or tuner on it just by looking at it then they are FOS.

If they say its from extra wear then tell them it was acting up since you bought the truck and you also tow.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Thats what i was planning on doing bud. To me it just seemed like a tactic to scare people. I am just going to tell them that it was on a stock truck, and it started slipping bad after a few months on the truck in winter. The truck sat during spring for 4 months and ran ok until recently towing a small trailer. Then a few days later just gave out. All true, minus the stock part. But you catch my drift.

BTS here i come, just need these two gone first.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Dont know if smorris is on here but I know he has more info about jasper trans then anyone else.

Last edited:

Illinois7.3

Reaction score
I've got a Jasper in my truck now and its not real happy with just a chip. I'm planning a ZF 6 swap ASAP. I'm sick and tired of not trusting my transmission.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
I've got a Jasper in my truck now and its not real happy with just a chip. I'm planning a ZF 6 swap ASAP. I'm sick and tired of not trusting my transmission.

Add in a shift kit and a tripple disk TC and I bet your auto will be happier.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.