Jasper Transmission

tbolt

Reaction score
I lived near there 40 yrs ago. Jasper built junk then and I see their quality has not improved any. Good Luck.

rake18

Reaction score
just had mine coverd under warranty. They tried to pull the whole chip thing on me. But in my situation mine was in 6 times in 3 months with codes and the transmission shop documented every time i was in and jasper told my guy to have me keep running it and nothing was wrong with it. So i called jasper and i said i am going to take the transmission else where and pay to have it droped and once the bad parts are found i will send you and my tranny guy the bill to cover the cost. I had a year of warranty on the tranny at the time, and i had major clutch pack faliour, that was caused by a selinoid failing. I pulled the card of if i had someone else fix it they would foot my bill and if not i would go to small claims on it, because when i purchased the trans it was noted i had a chip in the truck, as soon as i said something about small claims they over nighted me a new one.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Nice so if i have any problems just give them a weee little threat about small claims and that should fix the problem. Im going to pick my truck up in about an hour so i cant wait to drive it again.

tbolt

Reaction score
just had mine coverd under warranty. They tried to pull the whole chip thing on me. But in my situation mine was in 6 times in 3 months with codes and the transmission shop documented every time i was in and jasper told my guy to have me keep running it and nothing was wrong with it. So i called jasper and i said i am going to take the transmission else where and pay to have it droped and once the bad parts are found i will send you and my tranny guy the bill to cover the cost. I had a year of warranty on the tranny at the time, and i had major clutch pack faliour, that was caused by a selinoid failing. I pulled the card of if i had someone else fix it they would foot my bill and if not i would go to small claims on it, because when i purchased the trans it was noted i had a chip in the truck, as soon as i said something about small claims they over nighted me a new one.

Over nighted another piece of junk.

Mtack

Reaction score
When I was wrenching for a living the garage I was at quit using Jasper parts. They were pretty much junk. At one time the average life span on a Jasper motor was 12,000 miles, don`t know if they are any better now. Good luck either way.

old96stroker

Reaction score
Junior, this is jimmy jasper, I got you now you mofo! No new tranny for you ya schemy bastard! Haha! I had a jasper trannsmission put in my 96 a long time ago, piece of sh1t lasted three weeks, was supposedly a "tow rated" tranny, it was within their 30 day money back deal if I remember right, had a reputable shop build me a goodtranny and have put 150000 miles on now and no problems, good luck with them, they tried the same crap on me too, I said tow it up to the ford dealer and put it on their computer and check it, I had a reimbursement check twoweeks later.

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
My jasper is holding up great so far, I put a BTS valvebody in it, and shifts great with the stage 2's. I've never seen a temp over 170* and normally stay around 150 to 160. . I'm going to get a triple disc converter for it soon and hopefully will hold up to some 238/100's in the future.

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
Junior you will not believe the difference in your truck when you get the bts in it! Had one put in earlier this year and will never put another trans in anything other than one of bts's they are the best!

juniort444e

Reaction score
I hear ya bud. Even my buddy Ray who rode out to lima with me saturday said its a powerful truck, but you can feel how much its losing through the trans. It just doesnt hold the power at all. And i dont even have close to the power this setup should be laying down. I did some research on just buying parts to put in it, but in the end the bts is all i want and im not wasting any more money on this jasper.

Latest posts

Members online