John Woods Transmissions?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
he is the best, and being in arizona, its a no brainer.

cowboy420smoker

Reaction score
I have had same trans for three years now. Nothing bad to say about john he is a great guy. My shift solenoid went out a few months ago. He had one sent to me the next day for free.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
We have run and sold Johns stuff for a long time, and I can promise that my transmissions have taken a lot more abuse than the one in Jacobs dyno queen ever did (sorry Jacob). I've spent a lot of time in JWs shop over the years, his stuff is TOP NOTCH and I would put it up against ANYONE ELSES!

That said, I will also say that John would absolutely NOT want anyone buying a Tow Master for anything near 900hp. The upgrades in his "Street" and "Full Race" trans, and the associated cost increases, are there for a reason. Make sure John knows what your HP level is, and if you have any significant HP increases planned.

JDub

Reaction score
We have run and sold Johns stuff for a long time, and I can promise that my transmissions have taken a lot more abuse than the one in Jacobs dyno queen ever did (sorry Jacob). I've spent a lot of time in JWs shop over the years, his stuff is TOP NOTCH and I would put it up against ANYONE ELSES!

That said, I will also say that John would absolutely NOT want anyone buying a Tow Master for anything near 900hp. The upgrades in his "Street" and "Full Race" trans, and the associated cost increases, are there for a reason. Make sure John knows what your HP level is, and if you have any significant HP increases planned.

Agreed 100%. My trans only had to hold around 480hp on the street and in a 2wd with street tires, I knew traction wasn't going to cause any breakage. That trans only had to hold big power in Overdrive during a 3-4 second dyno blip. Had I been competitively racing it, I would absolutely recommend going to the Street or Race trans. The billet shafts and upgraded planetary pieces would've definitely been needed.

Molokai

Reaction score
It's so great to here positive reports about John wood. I have a street performer on it's way to Hawaii should be here on Friday... Can't wait!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online