Joist Stop on rear lift block

shebert27

Reaction score
I have a question that I cannot seem to find the answer to when searching the web. I lifted my 2013 F250 with a 6" Zone lift which also had the block and add leafs to the kit. I was running. Firestone riderite bags on the factory night prior to this. But right now, I can reattach my bags to the beaker that mounts to the axel as the rear is, well higher and the joist stop on the block will not allow me to put the bracket over it as I can't bolt it back together. I heard from one shop that they would cut the joist stop off the block...but wouldn't that weaken the cast block? Has anyone done this will 100% success? Obviously this would be the easiest and cheapest route to take instead of finding someone to weld me something up or buying all new bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
"" Jounce ""stop is the term https://www.airliftcompany.com/workshop/jounce-bumper/

sometimes you need to modify parts to get them all to play nice

and while I think the cast block jounce stop arm can be removed without issue
I don't have a block here to verify. and not sure if you mayhave a zone block ?
you could just get a one piece block with no jounce stop or have one made with the
arm where you need it

that being said I would look at buying the over the spring style brackets for your bags

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
We have the strongest most over engineered block with our factory bump stop tang built into it as a pure lift block or a traction block.

For any questions email us or one of our distributors can help you out as well

www.ouostore.com

Latest posts

Members online