Jr. Highpower Atmo turbo?

jugger13

Reaction score
Hey JD,
What would you estimate the 76/59 could produce on stock fuel.
im looking at swapping out my 72 in favor of the 76.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Hey JD,
What would you estimate the 76/59 could produce on stock fuel.
im looking at swapping out my 72 in favor of the 76.

There's so many variables its tough to say without looking like a jack hole.

Using my truck as an example, lets say it averaged 680 with the 72. Peak numbers don't always paint the best picture. I would estimate this setup to make 700-715. I believe my stock vgt is now limiting my power. If you look at bigrpowr's green truck - it made 723 on stock fuel with the same compressor wheel in his high powers on the same dyno all my guesses are based on. I expect that's about all stock fuel has to offer without spray.

Add fuel and I think it would shine quite a bit more. Jared rice pushed a tow power plus setup over 800 on fuel (a lot of fuel) on Aaron's dyno fwiw. I'm confident the 76 is a good upgrade over the 72.

jugger13

Reaction score
There's so many variables its tough to say without looking like a jack hole.

Using my truck as an example, lets say it averaged 680 with the 72. Peak numbers don't always paint the best picture. I would estimate this setup to make 700-715. I believe my stock vgt is now limiting my power. If you look at bigrpowr's green truck - it made 723 on stock fuel with the same compressor wheel in his high powers on the same dyno all my guesses are based on. I expect that's about all stock fuel has to offer without spray.

Add fuel and I think it would shine quite a bit more. Jared rice pushed a tow power plus setup over 800 on fuel (a lot of fuel) on Aaron's dyno fwiw. I'm confident the 76 is a good upgrade over the 72.

Totally with ya that peak numbers don't tell all.
like when the no limit intake was tested back to back on Waynes truck gaining 30 peak but let it carry power out way more on top.
Ya think the 76 over the 72 could have similar, less dramatic of course, results.

3brorce

Reaction score
His posts make no sense lately but I think he's trying to say that whether it is a crew cab or reg cab there ETs would drop the same amount by jumping up to the 76. The answer would be no. It takes more power to continue to move a heavier rig. Wind resistance etc is exponentially greater with larger trucks the faster you start to go

Somewhat. So your saying JDs truck will not gain/lose hp from switching from a 72mm to a 76m? I thought this was already proven in that the 76mm atmo had a hp gain over the 72mm atmo. Sorry if this seems like my little sister has been posting lately been a long week already.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Somewhat. So your saying JDs truck will not gain/lose hp from switching from a 72mm to a 76m? I thought this was already proven in that the 76mm atmo had a hp gain over the 72mm atmo. Sorry if this seems like my little sister has been posting lately been a long week already.

I think what Ryan means is that the same mods in a regular cab don't translate to the same E.T. improvements.

Say a 76 picks up .x time at the track in a regular cab, doesn't mean a crew cab picks up the same time improvement.

3brorce

Reaction score
I understand, but you should see some improvement whether it be trap or ET?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I understand, but you should see some improvement whether it be trap or ET?

Which he did and testing was done to show the improvements in all areas, not just the power department.

The dynamic of power to weight is what you might be trying to figure out. LB's make going fast a lot more work

3brorce

Reaction score
Ok, back to what I was getting at in my original post in that the 76 atmo would be an improvement over the 72. Got it. Just dont compare a 8400lb truck to a 7400lb truck which I was never trying to do. Was just giving an example of real world results.

I should of put RCLB*** in this post. Which I thought I did but I clearly did not. I F'd up.
Not elite but as many of you may have seen RCD went 7.60-7.70s with 72/74 and swapped to a 75/77 and went 7.45@92.

Last edited:

09strokerpwr

Reaction score
Haha my head also hurts after that. Shouldn't have read right after long day. But the juniors are sounding better and better..need more money

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.