Just a few questions

Mikey_2147

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a new 7.3, an ECLB. It currently has a hydra tuner, new intake, new exhaust (I think a 4-5 from the turbo) and built up transmission. I've been planning on doing a few upgrades to assist in things I know go bad in the truck such as the fuel system. What I have planned for it is a Beans fuel system (unless y'all can suggest something better). But anyways, without going into the full list of items I have planned, my question is I plan on putting in larger injectors, let's just say 250cc being that's the largest the fuel system i mentioned above can support. From what I've been reading I'd need turbo upgrades potentially an inter cooler, HPOP? Can y'all just clarify for me what I'd need in order to support these injectors and not blow my engine up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

joe d

Reaction score
Transmission. Full build for an auto..clutch if its a stick.
Hpop
Electric fuel
A t4 mount s366 on the small side a 400 series would probley be better. Theres alot of rave about the new 369 heard great things on it.
Inner cooler to use the 250cc to full potential...
Gauges.
These are not needed many people out there without this stuff but for reliability and pice of mind.
Head studs
Push rods
Valve spring's
Just a few more small priced items to help keep it all together for longer.
Hope that helped.

Baker42

Reaction score
I was going to buy Swamps 205/30's. After talking to golfer I decided to do the turbo 1st. I run a BW 364.5 SXE. Plenty for our trucks as a DD/tow rig. Do the T4 mount, turbo, intercooler, efuel, 1st. Then injectors. Just my $.02

Arisley

Reaction score
Stock intercooler will handle 250's easy. No reason to go bigger. If you have a 99 or newer, you already have e-fuel. You just need a regulated return. I would suggest either a larger draw straw of sump (pick your poison). At least 5/8" supply to a prefilter, I like dual stocker pumps, then into a post filter. 5/8" lines up to a splitter block at the heads, 3/8" from there to the back of each head with banjo bolts. Out the front of the heads with 1/4" lines, into the regulator and use the factory feed line as a return. Route that inside the tank to dump the hot fuel as far from the pickup or sump as possible.

I think everything else is pretty spot on.

I would also suggest a good diagnostic tool. Something like Auto Enginuity.

Best place to buy it is Dennis at Strictly Diesel
https://www.strictlydiesel.com/c-116-autoenginuity-tool-bundles.aspx

Same for a fuel system:
https://www.strictlydiesel.com/c-25-fuel-system-kits.aspx

Mikey_2147

Reaction score
Forgot to mention it's a 1997, but I guess I should have mentioned where's the best place to start on a build. But my plans are maybe to get 500hp not because I need it for something just because. But what it looks from the posts so far turbo first injectors last? Here's the truck if anyone's curious. Managed to get her on a steal 97 with less than 120k miles for under 10k ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458452393.399248.jpg

Last edited:

Mikey_2147

Reaction score
Stock intercooler will handle 250's easy. No reason to go bigger. If you have a 99 or newer, you already have e-fuel. You just need a regulated return. I would suggest either a larger draw straw of sump (pick your poison). At least 5/8" supply to a prefilter, I like dual stocker pumps, then into a post filter. 5/8" lines up to a splitter block at the heads, 3/8" from there to the back of each head with banjo bolts. Out the front of the heads with 1/4" lines, into the regulator and use the factory feed line as a return. Route that inside the tank to dump the hot fuel as far from the pickup or sump as possible.

I think everything else is pretty spot on.

I would also suggest a good diagnostic tool. Something like Auto Enginuity.

Best place to buy it is Dennis at Strictly Diesel
https://www.strictlydiesel.com/c-116-autoenginuity-tool-bundles.aspx

Same for a fuel system:
https://www.strictlydiesel.com/c-25-fuel-system-kits.aspx

I like those kits but the only thing I'm not to fond of is the fact that it ******s the fuel tank selector, that's something I absolutely need due to me being military and driving from NC to KS frequently

ja_cain

Reaction score
Welcome to PSA! Nice looking truck Jarhead! You could always look int swapping in a bigger tank from a SD (ECLB).

Btw, what MOS are you? I used to do the run from Jacksonville to Richmond, VA every weekend when I wasn't deployed. I'll never forget those Monday mornings when I would roll in to the baracks at 2 a.m. and then get back up 3 hours later to run pt. Lol! Semper fi!

secondarychaos

Reaction score
l 97 with less than 120k miles for under 10k
Have the police found you?

Sounds like these guys have you on the right track.

Like everyone else here, I'd recommend air mods before fuel mods.

Turbo, Fuel system, injectors and tune, in that order, IMO.

Definitely agree with head studs, springs, any weak points in the transmission, etc being addressed first.

Wouldn't mind hearing that you upgraded your brakes and threw on some traction bars too.

Latest posts

Members online