Just broke down

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
It really wasn't that cold at the time yesterday. Not even 40s Id say.
Just heard back and its the high pressure fuel pump. Fuel rail pressure sensor. $4k.
That was actually my guess. Been there and replaced that. Gotta pull the cab is why its so much.

co04cobra

Reaction score
They need to do quite a bit more diagnosing before "only" replacing fuel pump and frp sensor.

They need to make 100% sure there's not a containments issue that caused the failure.

Armybyrd

Reaction score
Ok so my warranty co stepped in and talked to the dealer and is being retarded. They said they want to send an adjustor out there and have the tech show them that the valve or whatever part is not working. So as of now they couldn't even order the needed parts.

Armybyrd

Reaction score
Small update after being out of the loop-the warranty company called the dealer to give them authorization to do the repairs and the parts have been ordered.
This is a huge relief but to be honest Im paranoid about other big $ parts going bad now.

Jomax

Reaction score
Small update after being out of the loop-the warranty company called the dealer to give them authorization to do the repairs and the parts have been ordered.

This is a huge relief but to be honest Im paranoid about other big $ parts going bad now.

Fix it and sell it. Go buy a 6.7 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Had way to many techs tell me they loved the power of the 6.4 but when the warranty was up it was going to be gone. Thats the entire reason i didnt bother to look at them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Armybyrd

Reaction score
And so days later I thought I was good...
Ford just called and said the warranty wont cover diagnostics, gaskets, fluids or the costs to remove the cab. They're covering about $2k and my end will be about a grand.
I should have the truck back in about 3 days. As much as I love the truck I can't afford anymore expensive repairs so I'm going to try and trade it in on a new F150.

Jomax

Reaction score
And so days later I thought I was good...

Ford just called and said the warranty wont cover diagnostics, gaskets, fluids or the costs to remove the cab. They're covering about $2k and my end will be about a grand.

I should have the truck back in about 3 days. As much as I love the truck I can't afford anymore expensive repairs so I'm going to try and trade it in on a new F150.

Smart man. Those new F150s are sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Armybyrd

Reaction score
So after spending 2 1/2 hrs to get home (someone wrecked on top of the usual traffic) I was definitely annoyed so I called the warranty co to see about all this. Seems to be a miscommunication. They said everything was covered and that the job with pulling the cab is 11.8 hrs as opposed to 15 by leaving the cab on. They told me to have the ford dealer call them tomorrow to straighten it all out. Can anyone confirm that it's actually faster to do the job by removing the cab? Just curious. Now frankly I don't care how they do it just as long as I don't have to pay anything but my $100 deductible.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It is a hell of a lot faster to do cab off. As long as you dont have a chit ton of add on stuff that runs from the cab to the frame. Ive had some that run air bag lines, air horn lines, wiring for air bags and air horns, fuel pump wiring, camera wiring, and all sorts of other chit that it was safer to do cab on so i didnt *** up any add on stuff. Little add on stuff is cab off... Hell i work on our forest service trucks, and the only real pain in the ass is the light bar, which is 4 bolts. They were smart and put connectors in everything. I pull cabs on those to do turbo work, hpfp, etc...

Armybyrd

Reaction score
and the final verdict after having ford call the warranty place back is I only have to pay for diagnostics and some sensor, so about $400 total.
What are the chances of the injectors being bad after they get the hpfp replaced?

Armybyrd

Reaction score
Was supposed to pick the truck up today but when I got there they said 2 injectors were hanging.
To add to my bad luck someone pulled out in front of me yesterday which totaled my dads old f150.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Man some times it all or nothing. I feel bad for you. Hope your ok. Hopefully insurance covers the truck. If it didnt have full coverage get a lawyer. Maybe the warranty will pick up some of the cost as well. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Armybyrd

Reaction score
Today the dealer called saying they're waiting to hear back from ford since the truck won't start. I'm guessing it's because I returned the tune to stock and my *** is ******d. I thought they would've noticed it as ******d right away.

Armybyrd

Reaction score
The latest is the dealer said 2 injectors are hanging open and the truck won't start. At this point it sounds like they're just guessing on parts but I need it fixed before I can trade it in. What the stock tune being on it even though the *** has been ******d be causing these issues?

Members online

No members online now.