Just felt like saying...

wasgas

Reaction score
I bought mine to tow with it, this week I will tow 14,000lbs from near sea level to over 7,000ft and back in triple digit temps, ending the trip at about 1,000 miles. I expect the truck tow great as it always has in the past. This thing tows like a raped ape, i have never driven a more capable truck.

The people that seem to be complaining about the 6.7 are the same ones that don't seem to be hauling anything bigger than the box of tampons they had to buy for their wife at the grocery store.

Last edited:

bama29fan

Reaction score
loving mine also....

2012 F250 lariat CC

only 1600 miles so far but every time i pull in to the driveway i kinda say to myself "dang it's over...i gotta get out :("

pulling the camper to Tennessee next week and really looking forward to testing her in the bigger hills there.

wasgas

Reaction score
Towed in the heat this last week 90-115deg, it towed great but the MPG's were all single digit. 35" tires CC 4X4 3:31 axle, just towed my 14k toy hauler 1,000 miles in the mountains constant up and down from 1,500' to 8,000' elevations. The first 500 never shut off and avereged 58mph with 4 short stops the longest was about 12min 7.9mpg and had 75-85mph runs, a little stop and go traffic leaving town. Second 500 miles I was easier on it never shut it off made four real short stops and averaged 9.4mpg but still kept a pretty good speed on the interstate portion and averaged 56mph.

I used cruise control sometimes and found that the best mileage would be at about 60-65mph with tranny in manul 6 on somewhat level ground

For the record my uncle just bought a 2012 Denali dually and according to the lie-o-meter it is getting very respectable mileage towing. Last month he headed from AZ to east TX pulling a 41' race trailer (i estimate it about 14k) then had a custom bed installed and headed back to AZ with the factory bed on top of the trailer. Pulled a 36' toy hauler about 400 miles, towed a small flatbed about 500mi (maybe 2500lb), then towed the big 43' toy hauler another 500 miles and the lie-o-meter is reading 13.1mpg. He tows at a resonable speed and not to much of a heavy foot but that seems like pretty good MPG to me.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Towed in the heat this last week 90-115deg, it towed great but the MPG's were all single digit. 35" tires CC 4X4 3:31 axle, just towed my 14k toy hauler 1,000 miles in the mountains constant up and down from 1,500' to 8,000' elevations. The first 500 never shut off and avereged 58mph with 4 short stops the longest was about 12min 7.9mpg and had 75-85mph runs, a little stop and go traffic leaving town. Second 500 miles I was easier on it never shut it off made four real short stops and averaged 9.4mpg but still kept a pretty good speed on the interstate portion and averaged 56mph.

I used cruise control sometimes and found that the best mileage would be at about 60-65mph with tranny in manul 6 on somewhat level ground

For the record my uncle just bought a 2012 Denali dually and according to the lie-o-meter it is getting very respectable mileage towing. Last month he headed from AZ to east TX pulling a 41' race trailer (i estimate it about 14k) then had a custom bed installed and headed back to AZ with the factory bed on top of the trailer. Pulled a 36' toy hauler about 400 miles, towed a small flatbed about 500mi (maybe 2500lb), then towed the big 43' toy hauler another 500 miles and the lie-o-meter is reading 13.1mpg. He tows at a resonable speed and not to much of a heavy foot but that seems like pretty good MPG to me.

Speed and wind kills the milage of these trucks. When I pull my GN with seed on it I usually average about 12mpg, but that is running a little slower (62-68mph) is usually where I keep it at and a flat trailer is not going to have near the drag of your toy hauler. My trailer weight is usually around 13 - 16K

Clomax

Reaction score
Lovin my 6.7

I must say that I am enjoying mine. This is my first Ford and my first diesel. All of a sudden I turn around 4750 miles and the truck just fells like it has awaken! The power response and acceleration has a whole new feel. I had read other posts stating this and just took it with a grain of salt and thought that folks were just trying to justify their purchase.

I stand corrected!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.