Just got a Repo 6.4

Ruger5901

Reaction score
Some one deleted cat and Dpf but welded the probes back into the straight pipe. There was no programmer in the truck. Idk if it's possible it's on stock tune and why someone would put those sensors back in. It's got white smoke at idle that smells like raw diesel. Seems to idle fine for a while but then like a light switch it has a dead cyl. I'll post pictures of codes. What do you guys think??? I buzzed tested injectors and all good.
ty8u2yvu.jpg
ejupapys.jpg

Those readings are after I let it so long enough to start the misfire.

Mpoage

Reaction score
I bet they pulled the tuner off right before it got repo'd. SCT requires the sensors to be plugged in but not necessarily in the exhaust. Does the truck have a bunch of blowby?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I would have the truck flashed and then put another race tuner on it.

Ruger5901

Reaction score
I have the truck running good. EPB sensor was bad. Truck will run fine then at a drop of a hat cyl 6 cyl 8 dead missfire. I can turn the truck off then back on and it runs fine. 5 min then I loose both cyl. Again. Little to no blow by. Any ideas?

Cknox121

Reaction score
When I first bought my truck, someone had taken program out of it. Still had dpf delete that kept probes.

Would white smoke like crazy, and smell just like diesel fuel. Mileage was at like 8mpg. Bought h&s installed and fixed it. Talked to a guy at at local diesel shop, and he said the truck thinks it needs to regen, thus dumping fuel from last cylinders into exhaust. Said if I had drove for a while like that, would have washed out my cylinders from the excessive fuel.

Just food for thought.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Ryan from FB. Your #6 and #8 are close to out of spec. It does seem that its popping into regent but I would expect #7 to misfire as well. It is also common for the cylinder next to one that is misfiring to also pick up a misfire. I'd try and get it flashed and have a tuner put on it. Running it repeatedly will create large issues

Ruger5901

Reaction score
What gets me is it's like a light switch. Runs perfect then boom. Turn it off them on and fine again. I'm goin to put an extra Dpf and cat I have on it then flash it back to stock. It's my church's truck. They bought it for 17,000. I'm doing labor for free and they don't have much more to spend.

Ruger5901

Reaction score
Got a tuner on it. Same thing. Anyone have a good write up on R&R for left bank? Injector 6. What can I check before I replace it. I don't want same issue with new injector because of wiring or some other fault

HD F250

Reaction score
Got a tuner on it. Same thing. Anyone have a good write up on R&R for left bank? Injector 6. What can I check before I replace it. I don't want same issue with new injector because of wiring or some other fault

I had same code and it also didn't run crappy all the time. Idle or low RPM it didn't run well, but it would clear as I raised rail pressure. Also, if I cleared the code it was good for a while then it would get worse. My problem was resolved by replacing injector, new nozzle and the injector harness. Maybe overkill, but problem solved....

Good luck!

mandkole

Reaction score
its off topic and just askin, but what does a church need with a diesel pickup truck? It seems very overkill. Mechanics, not churches, buy risky repos... hopefully you wont be the one that has to continuously deal with it.

Ruger5901

Reaction score
They have a mobile church that goes out every Sunday. 24 ft enclosed trailer with everything to run a church

nickpease

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 2008 and it ended up being a cracked piston. While its running pull the ccv cap off and c how much smoke comes out shouldn't be a lot. if alot, means u have a cylinder down on compression. Also is it using coolant? if your truck has no dpf ur truck will not start on a stock tune.. had that problem when i let my brother drive my truck and he downloaded a dpf on tune and all the local ford dealer told me to do is download a dpf off tune and it started and ran fine... good luck

Latest posts

Members online