Just got my Gearhead tunes! Questions/suggestions on settings, etc.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I run hot street 95% of the time now, only time ill go to street is if i tow a customers truck.

Hot street is by far the best tune I have ever personally ran in a vehicle of my own. I have been putting the SRL on every 6.0 that comes into the shop, just got two more 3015 SCT tuners in today in fact.

Gearhead can sure tune a truck, look forward to his race tune and the track!

Ronin

Reaction score
FYI...my avatar is an actual picture of me after my first Gearhead tune test drive! And before you say anything I know I need to lose a little weight...

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I ordered mine yesterday morning so maybe Ill have them by Monday afternoon Im guessing he dont work on the weekends

Ronin

Reaction score
I ordered mine yesterday morning so maybe Ill have them by Monday afternoon I'm guessing he doesn't work on the weekends

Beats having to send it in though! I updated my tuner previously and my truck had to sit for a week since I was in no mood to reinstall the DPF while I was waiting...I was REAL glad to hear from Matt that he would email me the tunes!

No worries...it's well worth the wait!

WoodBoy

Reaction score
You guys with 3.55s, My IDP tunes hit OD at 45 even just cruising around. What do the GH tunes do

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
You guys with 3.55s, My IDP tunes hit OD at 45 even just cruising around. What do the GH tunes do

im sure you could tell matt to make it whatever you wanted it to be.

i got his tunes on my 7.3, on the way for my 6.4. he will tweak however, whatever it takes to make it how you want it, so your happy with what you have.

we tweaked my heavy tow tune 3 times, moving the shifting around, getting it where i wanted it.

thats whats great about matts. if you dont like something about it, tell him. he will change it.

he is NOT, this is my tune, take it or leave it.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
You can delay or advance the speed that it locks up in OD. So you don't really need the tune modified. Mine locks around 50mph and I think that is the default setting.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Erik your tune might be different because originally when matt sent me the first modded truck file I had him drag the shifts out a little farther but not as far as tow haul does

3brorce

Reaction score
You can delay or advance the speed that it locks up in OD. So you don't really need the tune modified. Mine locks around 50mph and I think that is the default setting.

can you do this with eric's tunes as well? how?

Latest posts

Members online