Just out of curiosity?

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used the modded H2E, 66mm compressor version, in a compound set-up. I fell like it might be paired well with an 85-95mm turbo.
I'm just curious, please entertain the idea. :)

neverkickn

Reaction score
I am pretty sure there is or was a little white reg cab race truck in Lead Hill AR that had a modded h2e for a high pressure. Come to think of it, there may have been a white dually up there with one too.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Most high pressure turbo's are usually 60-70mm correct?
What would be a nice low pressure turbo to match the h2e? Maybe something aimed toward streetable/ street king.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I am not sure on any of that. I think the setups I mentioned where specced out by hypermax.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
66/88 is a good setup. Only issue is gating a hypermax mount is a pita. I've thought about doing a compound setup using one. There is also a 71mm h2e that I'd pair with a s510 but the 71mm doesn't seem as stout as the 66. I don't see why even a 62mm h2e with a 80 - 83mm wouldn't be a good setup.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
66/88 is a good setup. Only issue is gating a hypermax mount is a pita. I've thought about doing a compound setup using one. There is also a 71mm h2e that I'd pair with a s510 but the 71mm doesn't seem as stout as the 66. I don't see why even a 62mm h2e with a 80 - 83mm wouldn't be a good setup.

I have already gated my hypermax set-up with a turbosmart 45mm wastegate, this is the main reason I don't want to switch to a T4 mount.
It was a PITA to wastegate. I had to lift the body an inch all the way around to get it to clear the firewall.
I have a boost controller sitting in my garage.
I feel like I might be a good candidate for compounds?

So you think the GT47-88 would pair well with the modded h2e?
I'm pretty sure my H2E is 66mm and not 71mm, Beans is the one who modified it.
It would be DD street driven. I tow 8,000-10,000#'s a few times a year.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I'm not really familiar with many of the garret chargers. I want to say there is a gt5518 and 4718 that are 88mm but either way you're looking at a $3k turbo. What about doing a borg Warner s591 or s488? They'd be way cheaper.

I've been looking at doing a s475 fed by a 104mm.

Last edited:

Short Bus

Reaction score
Yeah it was a fun ride and made a lot of power. I wouldn't do it again on a street truck.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
I'm not really familiar with many of the garret chargers. I want to say there is a gt5518 and 4718 that are 88mm but either way you're looking at a $3k turbo. What about doing a borg Warner s591 or s488? They'd be way cheaper.

I've been looking at doing a s475 fed by a 104mm.

A s488 would be a lot cheaper. What about a Turbonetics T88?

Yeah it was a fun ride and made a lot of power. I wouldn't do it again on a street truck.

Do you think a 66/88 combo would be streetable? I don't want to be unhappy with my truck.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Most people do it into the oil pan. You usually pull the pan and put a fitting into it. At least that's where I was going to go with it. Also may call up James barder and talk with him about sizing.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Most people do it into the oil pan. You usually pull the pan and put a fitting into it. At least that's where I was going to go with it. Also may call up James barder and talk with him about sizing.

I thought you had to pull the motor to pull the oil pan. That sounds like a pain! Is that the only place for a return?
I was able to get ahold of Pius. He is going to crunch some numbers this weekend and make me a "match made in heaven". I can't complain, lmao!

Latest posts

Members online