Just picked up an 06 with 36k, few questions on which way to go.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
The 5 unlocks is once tuned to a specific vehicle the programmer then becomes "locked" to your specific VIN until returned to stock and put on another truck. You can only transfer it to 5 diff vehicles before sending it back to SCT for $150, I believe it is, to get unlocked again.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
id love to find a 6.0 with under 40k on it

Honestly, I went to go buy one with 86k and then for another 2100 got this one.. Clean carfax one owner.. It has one small dent that they are going ot take care of and its not bad at all. No crease.

But I need someone to run me an Oasis if we have those guys here or not..

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Honestly, I went to go buy one with 86k and then for another 2100 got this one.. Clean carfax one owner.. It has one small dent that they are going ot take care of and its not bad at all. No crease.

But I need someone to run me an Oasis if we have those guys here or not..

PM me the vin I have a guy who can run it for you

smokedout250

Reaction score
I'll throw in some experience, I got mine with 58k on it. I just pulled the egr off with 72k on it... I lost a headgasket at 67k.... Now my truck runs good I have alot of mods now but, when the truck was just studded and tuned it was super fun to drive. I make sure I change my oils and filters with only motorcraft brand.... I'm running gearhead tunes along with php ficm tunning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
thanks man. Im going to remove the EGR and get exhaust ASAP. Then I'll go and get the blue spring mod too.

The local guy said I most likely need to change the oil cooler out.. I dont want to piss away $400 on it, but then my luck if I dont do it now then it will sh!t the bed later and I'll be back in it again. But my CTS will be here soon and I'll see the deltas.

edited: What Im wondering is , in this kit ( http://www.mkmcustoms.com/60fordpowerstrokeoilcooler.aspx ) can those parts be bought via Ford? I can get them at a good deal because I have a buddy that works in the parts dept. Does anyone have a part number breakdown of the kit?

Last edited:

smokedout250

Reaction score
It should be just oil cooler and gaskets that are needed.... I'm not sure ford changed mine when they did the studs...,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tinbanger

Reaction score
I just ordered the CTS and SCT x3, I looked really hard at the New Livewire, But i figure if the monitor gets stolen, i still have the tuner and im only out $400 not $700.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
I got my CTS new off of fleabay for 319 shipped. Shouldve checked there first, maybe you did though. Just saying thats all. Where did you get your SCT?

Tinbanger

Reaction score
I had a dealer near me order them both, because I bought the truck from his he gives me his cost. I paid $700 for SCT 3015, CTS INSIGHT, W/ EGT PROBE. He priced the live wire at $498 + $95 for EGT probe. But I went the other way.