Just posting info for average guy to see

Mdub707

Reaction score
I think it was the big FICM tunes that added the heat and smoke. Because the ficm tunes I've ran from ID....they didn't add any more smoke or increase the egts. Actually there was less smoke with ID's ficm tuning combined with ID's ECM tuning. And I've been running Eric's ficm tuning since 2008...no custom ficm tuning back then.

You're about the only one I can think of that experienced that. Granted there aren't many running both right now anyway. I know Greg at MPD and a few others had issues until they had the tuning custom done for the ECM and FICM. I mean, anyone is certainly welcome to try it and see how it goes, it's all relatively new anyway. If it works good and doesn't add smoke or heat, then perfect! Just something to think about and keep an eye on. Custom tunes for the FICM are available now upon request.

brownbros-ben

Reaction score
Thanks for the info , I and running innovatives ficm tuner , on inductive heat tune , think its 10 or 15 hp . I am going to give eric a call and see if something in the tuning can be adjusted first...

Demon6.0

Reaction score
Intercooler gets installed late next week. If it doesn't get my EGTs where I need them I'll add some meth/water. Head gaskets seem to be holding so I my just have some flash boil with the high EGTs. OUO traction blocks are next on the list followed by a locker. If all goes well I'll get the intake ported and trans done next month. It's funny, the faster I go the more I want. This must be my drug of choice lol.

Sent from the drivers seat of my Lariat using Tapatalk

Demon6.0

Reaction score
Intercooler is installed. What a difference! EGTs dropped 200 degrees across the entire RPM range. Better throttle response, less boost, less smoke and faster. I'm guessing the extra volume of air is playing a bigger role than manifold pressure. This should've been done sooner. :nail

brownbros-ben

Reaction score
less boost? does it still pull the same?

did you end up putting in the banks kit with pipes? whats the egt while running down the highway mine is 950-1200 with stocker and intake temp about 78-86*f at the mass air.

Last edited:

Demon6.0

Reaction score
Pulls harder. EGTs dropped from 1150@75mph to 875-900@75. Got the whole kit with pipes, bighead elbow and boots. Found it on Amazon for $1146 shipped.

brownbros-ben

Reaction score
Nice thanks for the info. I will let you know how mine works out once it comes in too.

I also am redoing my fuel feed , running sump kit, to 100 mic filter to areomotive a 1000, to water fuel sep filter 10 mic, to an-10 up to upper feul bowl.

I was running fass low pressure in to stock pump , but did hold press on dyno

Demon6.0

Reaction score
X2 on that fuel system. The Airdog seems to work good unless the ambient temp is 90+ degrees then I'm seeing a bigger drop. On cooler days it holds 50psi at wot. But these hot summer days I've seen it drop to 40.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Less boost because there is less restriction.

depending on which side of the intercooler the boost reference is. typically a better intercooler will increase boost because it provides LESS loss over the core. intercooler piping size can hurt as well, such as going over 3" and losing velocity.

Demon6.0

Reaction score
depending on which side of the intercooler the boost reference is. typically a better intercooler will increase boost because it provides LESS loss over the core. intercooler piping size can hurt as well, such as going over 3" and losing velocity.

That had crossed my mind also. Although I'm averaging about 8lbs less at wot it definitely runs better. Mpg went up 3. Where does a 6.0 read boost?

ford rules

Reaction score

Good to know!!

ford rules

Reaction score
That had crossed my mind also. Although I'm averaging about 8lbs less at wot it definitely runs better. Mpg went up 3. Where does a 6.0 read boost?

In the intake manifold.

Demon6.0

Reaction score
Hmmm complexing. I guess the larger ic tubes is causing a loss in boost pressure then. But the truck still runs better and quicker. Maybe now the intake manifold is restricting flow now?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.