key less door handles

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Well my deductable was $100 so since the door was damaged I let the ford bodyshop do it. I had them give me a new lock and a rear door handle. I saved the handle that got punched so if I ever have to either sell the truck or have door lock issues.

jwlandry

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about some as well. Im thinking i may just do the handles for now and ill add the jimi jammers later. i dont know quite yet though.

Im on the fence about painted handles or stay with the black ones.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about some as well. Im thinking i may just do the handles for now and ill add the jimi jammers later. i dont know quite yet though.

Im on the fence about painted handles or stay with the black ones.

If you do the handles go painted...

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Also what I'm worried about with my front end that I just dropped off, but my tailgate goesnt look off so hopefully it will be ok. I'm about to order the handles but I don't have keyless entry YET so thats my only holdback.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
From what I was told by the bodyshops and insurance adjusters is that eliminating the key handles makes would be theives pass on the truck. If you have the jammers there would be nothing to protect since you removed the lift rod right? I think the most effective way would be for someone to design a piece of steel that would basically stick on with something like 3m double sided tape (similar to vent visors or trim panels). It would more or less armor plate the handle and be time consuming to defeat. It could be painyed to match or stainless etc.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Im confused as to how this works. You remove the lift rod or what ever its called right, but how will the door unlock with a key fob or keyless entry setup. I dont understand thats all. I had to replace both of my door lock actuators already so i know whats in there, just didnt pay attention as to what did what.

And if the batts go dead, put 12v to the starter, like crawl under the truck and connect it straight to the starter, is that what was ment.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
From what I was told and from previous exp with bessing with door handles. There is a rod that lifts the lock unlock mech. When you put a rear door handle on the door you no longer have the need for the rod. So it can go away. As for unlocking the truck you would need some sort of keyless entry system. From my limited knowldge of the electrical system you should be able to tap the electrical system at some access point the started was mentioned or as I mentioned by using the trailer plug at the rear of the truck to supply the system with 12v so the keyless entry would function. Remember though we have 2 batteries and the likely hood of loosing all voltage is a lot less than a vehicle with 1 battery.